Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By jtfolden
    Global Posts
    463 Global Posts
    So, I always take whatever a random employee says with a grain of salt, but I just wanted to share what happened to me last night.

I was at work last night in an electronics store, and a couple came in to buy some stuff. After some discussion he mentioned that he was an executive for HP. I started asking him about webOS and he told me how we loves his Touchpad, uses in on flights, etc. Then pulled out his Pre 2 and was showing me some stuff. I shared my experience with the platform and what I thought, then through the conversation he ended up saying,

"Yeah the whole thing's pretty much dead. They're gonna spin it off. It's gonna take 20 months."

As I said, I always take these things with a grain of salt but it's never encouraging when it's an executive telling you these things, particularly one that seems to know what he's talking about.
    HP will have about 50 levels of executive. He probably just means he wears a suit to work.

By the way he said 'spin it off' he's probably talking about the PSG group. That could easily take 20 mnths to fully separate.
    unfortunately they aren't taking webOS with them, according to the front page of precentral.net
    Cash registers and ATM machines, here we come!
    Quote Originally Posted by jtfolden View Post
    Cash registers and ATM machines, here we come!
    Portable, wireless scanners!!!11 BYYYAAAHHHHHH!!!!
    I'm waiting for mine to turn into a radar detector, too.
    I came into this thread hoping for a punchline......
    ...and he got knocked the fugg out!
    The Original Owner of the AT&T Pre3
  9. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,502 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    unfortunately they aren't taking webOS with them, according to the front page of precentral.net
    Yep - it's stone dead at that point because the bit that has it isn't interested in consumer technology outside of printers.
    Bradley said the spinoff is making tablets, if psg does not become webOS biggest customer, they can't expect others to license it, there are still 600 webOS software engineers
    bradley means windows 8 tablets