webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Discussion >  webOS Discussion Lounge > Webos Quick Install downloads to Ovi Suite ...please help!
Webos Quick Install downloads to Ovi Suite ...please help!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Jason Robitaille

Old 09/02/2011, 06:29 PM   #1 (permalink)

I appologize if this has already been answered. Im sure Im just making some stupid error but here's the problem. I want to install preware. I try to download Webos Quick Installer. For some reason it starts in Nokia Ovi Suite. I do have a Nokia N900. I have tried removing all Nokia files from my computer (running Windows 7 and latest version of Java). Each time, it still installs in Ovi Suite. What am I doing wrong?
webosisnewtome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/03/2011, 10:12 AM   #2 (permalink)

Nokia Ovi Suite is attempting to install the .jar file to your other mobile. Right-click webOSQuickInstall.jar, go to 'Open With...' and in the list select 'Java(TM) Platform SE Binary'. Up to you whether you set it to open with that by default (you'll have to tell other java files to open with Ovi Suite each time if you want them to).

If Java(TM) Platform SE Binary isn't in the list already, find it through the Browse button. Mine is in C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre6\bin\javaw.exe
The javaw.exe is the correct one, not java.exe. Also, on 64-bit Windows 7 you have two Program Files folders, one is Program Files and one is Program Files (x86). Java is in the x86 folder. If you're on 32-bit, you only have one Program Files folder and Java will be in there.
pimonserry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/23/2011, 11:48 PM   #3 (permalink)

Hi. I did follow your instruction and nothing happened. I did find the javaw. exe file and nothing happens.
psaturn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/24/2011, 12:02 AM   #4 (permalink)
Legend

A quick fix for .jar file association is JarFix: Jarfix

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
Jason Robitaille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/26/2011, 10:12 PM   #5 (permalink)

Jason, I tried the JarFix and I tried to install the quickinstall and it still takes me to Ovi Suite !!

I have Windows XP and I tried the previous suggestion by going to the javaw.exe to no avail.
Old 10/26/2011, 10:16 PM   #6 (permalink)
Legend

Could try Windows7 .jar file association broken with Nokia OVI | thePanz

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
Jason Robitaille is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by psaturn likes this.
Thanked By: psaturn
Old 10/28/2011, 09:02 AM   #7 (permalink)

Your last post finally did it! It worked !! Yeaaaah !! Thank you so much !!
Old 11/23/2011, 09:50 AM   #8 (permalink)

Hi there,

Have tried many ways and times now to get WOSQI working on my laptop running Windows 7 (64 bit) but no success...

I've verified JAVA and it's correct and up to date
I've downloaded the file several times
I used to have OVI suite running which I have removed and then tried all the file reassociation posts above and still nothing...

Any ideas?

Many thanks

Chris
chrishenry77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/24/2012, 12:25 AM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
You ARE a legend.
The registry edit worked a treat!!

Many many thanks
Duffa is offline   Reply With Quote

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0