Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    After buying the Touchpad, I realized that tablets aren't for me. I found a willing buyer, but I'm worried about my account information/passwords that I have logged onto the tablet. Of course, I will remove everything prior to selling from Settings > Accounts but is that enough?

Does webOS store any logins/passwords in some secret file/folder?

Thanks.
    Your logins (email addresses/user names) for Synergy Accounts (email,IM,Facebook) get stored in your palm profile, which is also uploaded to the backup servers. Your passwords, however, are NOT stored with your backup

Apps handle saved passwords in their own way, usually in the app databases.

Do a "Full Wipe" on that touchpad before you hand it over to the new owner, and you'll be safe.
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by auTONYmous View Post
    Your logins (email addresses/user names) for Synergy Accounts (email,IM,Facebook) get stored in your palm profile, which is also uploaded to the backup servers. Your passwords, however, are NOT stored with your backup

Apps handle saved passwords in their own way, usually in the app databases.

Do a "Full Wipe" on that touchpad before you hand it over to the new owner, and you'll be safe.

Thanks for the info!
    I'd do a "Secure Erase" just to be safe, it's just another option in the Device Info>Reset Options page.