Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By mbk1487
  1.    #1  
    Is it possible that HP will spin off its hardware business like Motorola did with Motorola Mobility? I can definitely see Todd Bradley running his own company with webOS on all types of products. That means the resources will be for the sole development of webOS only.
    Global Posts
    171 Global Posts
    and they will call the new company "Palm"
    BobKy likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Mighty BK View Post
    and they will call the new company "Palm"
    So they will rename the HP Mini the Palm Foleo?
    Global Posts
    2,060 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by markm2179 View Post
    Is it possible that HP will spin off its hardware business like Motorola did with Motorola Mobility? I can definitely see Todd Bradley running his own company with webOS on all types of products. That means the resources will be for the sole development of webOS only.
    You only spin it out --- when there is no buyer who would pay a premium price for it.
    Global Posts
    171 Global Posts
    I say bring back the VooDoo PC guy, let him run the show, and call the company "PalmDoo"
    Global Posts
    2,113 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by markm2179 View Post
    This is what I was thinking. HP has seen the crazy market for the TP. We've all been e-mailing, texting, tweeting to HP how much we want the Pre3, right??!

HP spins off the PSG into a seperate, but owned by HP, company (which HP will keep tight-lipped about due to the bad publicity). They go to the media and say "XYZ company will be taking over PSG and webOS." They already have the manufacturing process set up; it wouldn't take anything to get production ramped up for the Pre3. Boom! The next thing you know, XYZ company has the Pre3 launched, with announcements of a slab phone by years end. All the while, keeping it close to the heart that this is actually a company owned by HP. By doing this HP can still funnel funds to this XYZ company for expanding on webOS. If something goes terribly wrong, the bad publicity goes to the XYZ company and keeps HP out of the lime light.
    Last edited by wbdillworth; 09/01/2011 at 03:41 AM. Reason: typo
    Quote Originally Posted by wbdillworth View Post
    ...keeping it close to the heart that this is actually a company owned by HP. By doing this HP can still funnel funds to this XYZ company for expanding on webOS. If something goes terribly wrong, the bad publicity goes to the XYZ company and keeps HP out of the lime light.
    I really think this is the direction things are moving in. I don't see another Lenovo coming along to buy the business, and I'm pretty sure HP doesn't want to relinquish such a huge amount of assets and supply chain.