1.    #1  
    Just a quick question which I have not been able to find an answer to. Great forum, this is my first post, lurker since I got my touchpad. Anyway, I understand you need to go into developer mode to get Preware. After this, do you at some point exit developer mode or is the tablet always in developer mode at that point? This is the only thing stopping me from trying it. Love the tablet so far!
    It's up to you. I leave it on as I use WOSQI frequently and leaving it on won't affect performance. It's really up to ya.
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by eddiebaby View Post
    Just a quick question which I have not been able to find an answer to. Great forum, this is my first post, lurker since I got my touchpad. Anyway, I understand you need to go into developer mode to get Preware. After this, do you at some point exit developer mode or is the tablet always in developer mode at that point? This is the only thing stopping me from trying it. Love the tablet so far!
    Welcome to webOS and to PC. To correctly answer your question DEV mode is enabled when you activate it. When you type in the code to show the DEV mode you will find a switch to turn DEV mode on or off. As long as it is set to on your device will be in DEV mode. To turn DEV mode off you will have to flip that switch off.

Some people think they need to turn DEV mode back off when they don't need to use it for security reasons. But what i do(and our friend Jason says as well) is to just leave Dev mode on all the time. Nothing is affected while it is on. So the choice is up to you...personally i find it a hassle to have to turn it on and off.

NOT "HP webOS"!!!
    everything you did in developers mode will stay there when you turn it off
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    How do you get into developer mode on the touchpad?