Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By redmist
    Global Posts
    679 Global Posts
    The forums are buzzing with people wanting to learn about webOS and getting the best out of it.. Much less trolling is obvious.

Apps are still being developed. And AD click thoughs are almost as good as Androids.

HP is still creating updates and promoting the app catalog with six-packs.

I'm a gadget freak and an early adpoter. I have no idea what will happen next year, but I do know I'll find something better. And that would happen if HP hadn't pulled the plug or not.

But right now I have the tablet with the best OS, my perfect phone and I'm a member of a (now) positive, passionate and helpful forum.

Life goes on, and for now, it's better than it has been for a long long time.
    Pilot 5000 > Pre > Pre2 > Pre3 > Galaxy Nexus
    TouchPad > Galaxy Tab 8.9
    Rennat and Psychonaut like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by RedMist View Post
    The forums are buzzing with people wanting to learn about webOS and getting the best out of it.. Much less trolling is obvious.

Apps are still being developed. And AD click thoughs are almost as good as Androids.

HP is still creating updates and promoting the app catalog with six-packs.

I'm a gadget freak and an early adpoter. I have no idea what will happen next year, but I do know I'll find something better. And that would happen if HP hadn't pulled the plug or not.

But right now I have the tablet with the best OS, my perfect phone and I'm a member of a (now) positive, passionate and helpful forum.

Life goes on, and for now, it's better than it has been for a long long time.
    Basically HP is in the pocket with room to move, Samsung and HTC are open down field headed to the end zone, will HP fumble the ball or through and interception? I really (really) hope Leo doesn't frak up the comeback.
    I think its because a lot of people, and even developers, had the opportunity to get a cheap TouchPad. So there is going to be a lot of people asking questions and making apps and patches.
    Back to webOS with my new Touchpad!!!
    Check Out My TouchPad Theme "Paint It Black" http://forums.webosnation.com/webos-...iew-black.html
    Global Posts
    565 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jsgraphicart View Post
    I think its because a lot of people, and even developers, had the opportunity to get a cheap TouchPad. So there is going to be a lot of people asking questions and making apps and patches.
    True but hey, take what you can get.
    Global Posts
    679 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jsgraphicart View Post
    But who would have thought it, just a few weeks ago, when HP dropped the bombshell. Most people thought it was going to die a rapid death. Instead it's gained a massive following.
    Pilot 5000 > Pre > Pre2 > Pre3 > Galaxy Nexus
    TouchPad > Galaxy Tab 8.9
    Hi all,

According to every business school this isn't the way to build up interest in webOS...yet It worked...HOW COOL IS THAT????????

take care, Jay
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    I am one of those, looking forward to webOS future
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    I'm just afraid it will slowly die down and this is just the last peak; I hope that's not true, as I'm planning on getting a Pre3 as well!
    If they keep prices down and do not mess up the "limited supply" of touchpads to the consumers they didn't get one before and had their orders cancelled then this may not be the last peak.

Then probably they would be able to let another company buy webos and hopefully that will turn out for the better. But right now, even with the dying down of nobody buying touchpads, there is the great increase of apps and patch development, purchasing and long waited apps finally showing up in the app catalog.
    Yea its great being a zombie!...kinda weird but im loving it and will be loving it waaayy more when i get myself a TouchPad for $99 ...webOS is so dead, yet so very ALIVE!
    This has to be the most interesting two weeks I can remember.

And in the next two weeks Leo could do absolutely anything. He is like a psycho girlfriend that dumps you at prom and then stops by the next day to see what you are doing like nothing happened.