Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    So I'm brand new to the WebOS world - I've got a TouchPad on the way and have a new Pixi Plus I got from Amazon unlocked for $88 - it came to me as a Spanish phone from Amazon. I struggled through the setup translating words and getting it setup.

After getting through everything I used the Regional Settings app to change everything to English. All seemed to be going well, but when I logged into the website my profile is still in Spanish with NO OPTION to change it. I have the ability to change my name, email, and other info but not language?!!

I called WebOS support and after spending an hour or two on the phone with em they came to the conclusion I need to setup a new account. I asked how about the apps I already paid for - he said yea sorry those can't be transferred over.

So yea not the best experience so far with the profile stuff - LOVE THE OS! And am looking forward to getting future a Veer and Pre 2 etc. and am now a faithful WebOS user - just extremely frustrated by this Spanish bug - any tips on fixing something the support guys say can't be done.
    Welcome Always nice to see new people liking webOS

Bummer that they can't transfer apps like that and are unable to change your profile language. But if I understand that correctly, your phone is now english because you changed the regional settings, right? So it shouldn't be that much of a problem, right?
    Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
    They should be able tp change the site language settings...Did you try to run webOS DR to see if you could reset your phone to just english as its main language??

NOT "HP webOS"!!!
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    I'm able to get the phone in english and I tried doing an erase where it will ask you when you restore the phone which language and even choosing English doesn't reset the HP servers to switch over to English - as another person said this is more of an annoyance than anything else.