Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I know, how many times have we heard this? Just last week, Samsung said it is not interested in HP's PC business. However, this rumor comes in contrast to that announcement from Samsung last week. Instead of buying the whole PC business, Samsung seems interested only in webOS to take on Apple and Googlerola, and to avoid having to deal with patent issues. This rumor comes out after DigiTimes reported Samsung hired former HP VP of PSG marketing Raymond Wah to head Samsung's PC business.

Samsung said to be considering webOS acquisition from HP
    If this helped you hit thanks.
    hmm..I hope that Samsung has a strong visionary team. We know that HP lacks it, and that is why Apple is on a rampage.

a good article
    Xerox PARC, Apple, and the Creation of the Mouse : The New Yorker
    Unfortunately Samsungs hardware isn't anything to write home about either.
    Their cell radios are horrible, but if it means Webos stays alive, I'm all for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by omahawildcat View Post
    Unfortunately Samsungs hardware isn't anything to write home about either.
    Their cell radios are horrible, but if it means Webos stays alive, I'm all for it.
    Samsung hardware is hundred times better than HP/webOS hardware. If webOS was released on Galaxy hardware, im sure HP probably didn't have to discontinue on webOS hardware.
    i just dont see samsung giving webOS the attention it needs when they are the premier Android manufacturer. it seems like undue risk.

that said, they do have the ability to vertically integrate webOS in ways similar to what we were expecting HP to do...
    samsung batteries are night and day but bada dev support is in question...
    i'm tired of webos being tossed around like a bastart ,webos followed todd bradley and history seems to repeat itself
    Quote Originally Posted by Mhunterjr View Post
    i just dont see samsung giving webOS the attention it needs when they are the premier Android manufacturer. it seems like undue risk.

that said, they do have the ability to vertically integrate webOS in ways similar to what we were expecting HP to do...
    I think that title now belongs to Motorola.
    Quote Originally Posted by daexpression View Post
    hmm..I hope that Samsung has a strong visionary team. We know that HP lacks it, and that is why Apple is on a rampage.

a good article
    Xerox PARC, Apple, and the Creation of the Mouse : The New Yorker
    Another awesome article on tech history. Thanks for sharing!
    Global Posts
    423 Global Posts
    I'm pretty sure Samsung will stick with Android. Just look at the huge number of activation Android has each day. Plus Google is not a company that will drop the ball on Android, like HP did on WebOS.

Probably, this the ultimate slap HP could do to its customers... not let anyone know about their plans to dump the Pre3/tablet and inadvertently WebOS. I feel sorry for those who paid large sums as early adopters. One thing is sure, I'm very happy that I invested my money on a Samsung Galaxy S2 and Tab 10.1.
    Floren Munteanu
    why queued - My blog
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    OK so how about this thought????

What if Samsung did buy/license WebOS? I think it would run great on galaxy hardware, but here is some out of the box thinking.

What if they were somehow able to incorporate WebOS in to their TV line? Using it to run netflix, apps, pandora, etc. I know there TVs already do some of that but if you can get WebOS to pull the TVs in to the Tablet/Phone ecosystem, how cool would that be?
    Quote Originally Posted by Emceesquared View Post
    I think that title now belongs to Motorola.
    HTC, actually.

Editorial: Google, Microsoft and the incredible shifting mobile landscape - Engadget

We'll see what Google do with Motorola in the coming months.
    Quote Originally Posted by g8slord View Post

What if Samsung did buy/license WebOS? I think it would run great on galaxy hardware, but here is some out of the box thinking.

What if they were somehow able to incorporate WebOS in to their TV line? Using it to run netflix, apps, pandora, etc. I know there TVs already do some of that but if you can get WebOS to pull the TVs in to the Tablet/Phone ecosystem, how cool would that be?
    I think Samsung buying WebOS send possible and even if it never makes it to a phone they will put it on touch appliance and TVs and anything they want to be connected to the web. And anyone who believes Samsung hardware is horrible read the reviews of Galaxy S2 phone. Some call it the best Android phone yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by g8slord View Post

how bout this for outside thinking, imagine them purchasing the whole patent portfolio that HP originally purchased from palm, then putting the touch-to-share tech in their new phones, and being able to touch a phone to a tv for internet connected tvs, and being able to share images and stuff saved to samsung cloud storage? that sounds pretty slick to me, then u add in great hardware like the galaxy s lines or even the nexus s, and boom u got a platform making a stellar comeback

ps, if u look at the quote their chairman said a LITTLE while back, it shows they want to get into the software game, and pick up more software developers, i keep posting it, and will repost it again for u to dwell on...

“[Samsung] must strengthen the competitiveness of its information technology, secure more human resources and also more actively seek mergers and acquisitions … We must pay attention to the fact that IT power is moving away from hardware companies such as Samsung to software companies” Lee Kun-hee, chairman, Samsung Electronics
    I pretty much thing Samsung may just buy webos for the patents in their lawsuit
    Global Posts
    708 Global Posts
    {stupid junk forum engine}
    Global Posts
    708 Global Posts
    {one more post to get past this utter crap forum engine limitation}
    Global Posts
    708 Global Posts
    It's over, people, stop daydreaming: Samsung won't buy WebOS. Sad and even illogical when you think about Bada being a faux-iOS but unfortunately it's done.
    And finally, for the very last time, that's that. The Curtains close.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast