1.    #1  
    I was an original fan of the Palm Pre and wanted it to be my phone of choice. Because of the carriers it was available on at the time, I ended up moving in the direction of Android. I use many of the Google products because it fits what I do.

Since the HP touchpad firesale came along and I have 2 units on standing order as many here do, I've been reviewing the WebOS features from the video files and the seamless integration that the operating system has. It seems to me that it still remains the most advanced operating system available today that is the REAL Apple os competitor.

So, why is it that it hasn't captured the public's attention. Is it mostly because of the carriers lack of adoption of WebOS? I'm just asking out of curiosity. I'm still asking myself why I never adopted this technology other than it's lack of availablility and developers producing apps to work with it.
    Last edited by KefMan; 08/27/2011 at 03:04 AM.
    I think this all started with sprint's failed launch of the original pre-. If I remember correctly it sold really well initially but many were defective devices like oreo effects, etc. Also I believe I remember sprint not stocking enough palm pre's at the time it was launched. After all that happened the pre hype started to fade and Android took the scene.

Oh and everyone remembers the palm pre commercial at the time...creepy lady debut.
  3.    #3  
    Thanks, I was wondering how I missed out on this before. The only thing I can think of is that it just wasn't widely available.
    Kefman,

The list is a long list.

This could turn into a real long debate lol
  5.    #5  
    You would think that with HP's financial muscle that this should have become a more widely adopted system. But I'm just an average guy trying to adopt technology that fits seamlessly into my lifestyle.

I guess all of this is really meaningless.
    Quote Originally Posted by KefMan View Post
    You would think that with HP's financial muscle that this should have become a more widely adopted system. But I'm just an average guy trying to adopt technology that fits seamlessly into my lifestyle.

I guess all of this is really meaningless.
    That would make sense.

however, when you only give a product 6-8 weeks on the market, with again 'meh' advertising, build quality ok but not superb, well, your financial muscle can only get you so far...

As you stated, "Just an average guy trying to adopt technology that fits seamlessly into my lifestyle" - here is one point on why it has not been adopted.... HP/Palm have continuously failed to communicate this to the average user, and why webOS is great.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by kjb86 View Post
    Kefman,

The list is a long list.

Yeah, I guess you're right. It still just amazes me as I'm sure it has stunned the dedicated users of this forum.

Very disappointing!

Thanks for even responding to such a meaningless post.
    Quote Originally Posted by KefMan View Post
    Yeah, I guess you're right. It still just amazes me as I'm sure it has stunned the dedicated users of this forum.

Very disappointing!

Thanks for even responding to such a meaningless post.
    nothing is meaningless, unless someone comes on here just to say "i hate webOS" lol

Anyways, all of the dedicated users of webOS know why it hasn't been successful. It's been a long 2 years, that's for sure.

What this forum needs thou is more positivity. It's been pretty gloom for about 15 months now.
  9.    #9  
    I absolutely agree with that. I sure would like to see this OS take off. I think it has the most potential to have a positive effect on peoples lives if it was presented properly.

I just hope it survives.
    Add the ability to edit documents for both the Pre and Touchpad in the days to come...... Still waiting
    Quote Originally Posted by kjb86 View Post
    Kefman,

The list is a long list.

I think it won't. We have been there many times before

Yeah, list is really long and many items on this list are repeating.
    Many want to blame Sprint but the blame is more on Palm. The hardware was so crappy and user experience was so miserable, no one but the die hards wanted it. Out of the box, Pre is almost unusable. It was so laggy and buggy, unless you're a power user, the normal folks won't want to put up with all of this over a very fluid iphone. It was all about the phone hardware and user experience... It's not until Android came into the picture OS became a big topic.

Seriously, the Pre hardware is just dispicably bad. They're not built to last. I'm on my FIFTH one.
    Quote Originally Posted by laoh View Post
    ... the Pre hardware is just dispicably bad. They're not built to last. I'm on my FIFTH one.
    Yeah, Pre was flimsy and felt cheap. Pixi actually felt pretty solid. My wife's Pixi Plus has been banging around her purse for over two years and still looks good. Too bad the hardware was underpowered.
    <<Thread moved>>
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer