1.    #1  
    So, I'm firesale padder, and I've been extremely impressed by webOS. In fact I never really knew about it it until I grabbed one-- and what I've seen it do is impressive! At first I was all about the android project, but I think webOS has a much greater potential.

At the same time, it really is a diamond in the rough. It needs some serious polishing. Simple things like making copy/paste universal and easy to access; being able to download links. The whole extended press action needs a lot of attention. I've only been playing around with it for a couple of hours, so these are only a few of the things I've noticed.

If HP and others are serious about developing this OS, then I am all about it. But if it stalls out here, I'm afraid I'll have to support an android environment.
    You might want to take a look at the Web-A-Thon sticky at the top of the forum. We have to support the Devs to help the platform grow.
    Quote Originally Posted by eJomby_1.0 View Post
    So, I'm firesale padder, and I've been extremely impressed by webOS. In fact I never really knew about it it until I grabbed one-- and what I've seen it do is impressive! At first I was all about the android project, but I think webOS has a much greater potential.

At the same time, it really is a diamond in the rough. It needs some serious polishing. Simple things like making copy/paste universal and easy to access; being able to download links. The whole extended press action needs a lot of attention. I've only been playing around with it for a couple of hours, so these are only a few of the things I've noticed.

If HP and others are serious about developing this OS, then I am all about it. But if it stalls out here, I'm afraid I'll have to support an android environment.
    Threads like this one makes me happy and sad at the same time. This is what us webOS users have been trying to convince the general public, in vain, ever since webOS was released in June 2009.

So many people who are iOS or Android users keep bashing webOS for no good reason other than that they haven't actually used it. I don't mean just playing around with it a bit at the store... The beauty of webOS is that once you actually have all your accounts set up, everything just flows... seamlessly.

*sigh*

Anyway, I am glad you are enjoying it. Welcome :-) And yea... support the homebrew guys. They've made impressive tweaks and build upon the base OS that we as a community all benefit from it.