1.    #1  
    Hi Guys,

I'm having difficulty using this .jar with my HP Touchpad.

I have java 1.6 installed, and webosdoctor in the same folder as WebOSQuickInstall-4.2.3.jar. Now when i click the jar it opens fine. I can also click the world icon, downloading/parsing starts. This brings up the lists where you can choose what to download.

However from here, whatever I click on I cannot install. It downloads OK but the installation seems to hang after pressing install, it doesn't finish and I end up closing Quick Install via task management.

I really don't know what to try next. The TP is in developer mode. I have managed to install PrewareInstaller-1.5.0.exe on it fine, and transferring files via usb is OK.

Any ideas on what I can do next?

Out of interest, I am trying to install Internalz Pro.

Thanks
  2.    #2  
    Haven't found out why the installation of ipk's hang but i have found a work around the problem for now. Not ideal but does the job.

I used preware to install internalz pro (file manager). I then located the ipk file on the internet and downloaded it to my laptop. Then transferred it over to the HP Touchpad via the usb cable in the root folder (though can be put anywhere where you can find it). Installed it manually using the file manager - internalz pro. Then had the program i wanted installed. This might help others in the future.

Still wondering why though Quick Install isn't working for me.