Hi all,

FYI. See link.

take care,

Jay
    HP Has "Almost 600 Engineers" Working On WebOS

Matt Rosoff, provided by
    Wednesday, August 24, 2011

HP Has "Almost 600 Engineers" Working On WebOS

The head of HP's consumer hardware business, Todd Bradley, faced a grilling on Bloomberg West last night, and while he didn't offer much new information about the company's plans, he did offer one bit of surprising information: WebOS has almost 600 engineers working on it.
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    apple has 35K employees w more than 60% working on ios
    If this helped you hit thanks.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by kkhanmd View Post
    Hi all,

Yes, buy iOS is a successful OS and webOS just fell flat on it's face twice b/c the rug was pulled out from under it twice!

take care,

jay
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    600 and 3.0.2 is all we've got so far? i'll be honest, im disappointed. I was expecting a team of 50 or less.
    @agentmock

Audiovox SMT5600 (WM) --> Cingular 8125 (WM) --> Sprint Mogul 8525 (WM) --> Palm Pre (webOS)- --> Sprint Franken Pre2 (webOS) + 32gb Touchpad (webOS)
    thats only twice what they had on the film the 300 and they still failed in all seriousness tho why does it take the **** hittign the fan before anythings done. also how many did they have before the fiasco.
    600 including loyal legacy device owners who couldn't even get a discounted tp
    And they will do it again. Just like they sold yu down the river if you had an original Palm Pre. No further updates and will not be supported.
    TP is going to go the same way as will Pre3
    When they farm it out, the new folks are gonna say... ??? you're so out of luck, bro.
    a few guys in Canada and Australia VS 600 HP engineers

GO!

Selling my Palm things: just make an offer: http://forums.webosnation.com/market...nd-offers.html
    Quote Originally Posted by kkhanmd View Post
    thats weird because I heard that IOS has between 600 and 1k not 35k? even forums like:

How many Apple employees work on Mac OS Development - AppleInsider

say the same. Where did you get that number from, just curious?
    35k and need to copy other SOs? :lol:

Bad... :lol:

Best Regards...

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    "If A Man Isn't Willing To Take Some Risk For His Opinions, Either His Opinions Are No Good Or He's No Good!" - Ezra Pound (Poet & Critic)
    (Happy A Lot, As A Good Carioca!)
    also since when did Webos become inferior as a OS to ios or android? last time I checked the reason Webos keeps folding, is because of hardware, which was even stated the reason webos was buggy on the TP hence the project of webos running twice as fast on a ipad.
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    20 + optimistic exaggeration = 600
    600 is a lot, but with bad management, the right hand may not know what the left is doing which slows the process down. Don't get me wrong, even with current state of affairs, I still find webOS to be the best mobile OS, period.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by sinime View Post
    600 is a lot, but with bad management
    According to that HP employee (different thread) they were trying to work on at least 6 handset designs plus the TP all at once. Several nearly completed handset projects were scrapped due to missed deadlines. In other words, instead of focusing on getting one good product out the door at a time, like Apple did, they were running around like chickens with no head...
    Page Plus Cellular - Talk Smart
    Palm M100 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 755P > Palm Pro > Palm Pre-
    kjb86 likes this.
    600 people maybe for the entire division (hardware, software, quality, management, office staff), but no way 600 software engineers and this is all we have to show for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brain_ReCall
    I'm an Embedded Software Engineer. My idea of a Good User Interface is printf().
    Quote Originally Posted by wellwellwell11 View Post
    thats weird because I heard that IOS has between 600 and 1k not 35k? even forums like:

How many Apple employees work on Mac OS Development - AppleInsider

say the same. Where did you get that number from, just curious?
    Apple reveals headcount boost, warns on margins | Reuters

Doing math, outside of retail Apple has 20K employees
    If this helped you hit thanks.
    Easier to figure for companies that only do mobile, since Apple does other stuff too.

Motorola Mobility has (for now?) 19,000 employees.

HTC has 13,750 employees.

Palm, before being bought by HP, had around 1,000 employees.

Now a good question is what Nokia is doing with all its R&D money, which is more than Apple + Motorola + HTC combined: http://allthingsd.com/20110203/not-s...are-you-nokia/
    Last edited by greenoyster; 08/25/2011 at 12:31 AM.
    517 engineers or 55% of the company. HP adds 80 engineers and plans to become #2 in the market against competitors with probably 5-10x the number of engineers.

Hoping for a miracle much?

Also, Motorola and HTC didn't even write an OS. HTC wrote a launcher. Motorola uses stock Android.
    Maybe some of those ex-developers will dump the closed source components on the net somewhere
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast