1.    #1  
    I'll admit up front that I'm not a creative-thinking guy, so this may very well be a stupid question. However, what good will WebOS on a printer be without a WebOS-enabled device to print from? Apart from the ability to print directly from your WebOS phone or tablet, I fail to see how WebOS would be integrated into a printer. Two of the best features of WebOS (multitasking and the notification system) would seem to be useless on a printer. If we are looking at the possible reality of no new WebOS tablets and phones, then I'm just not seeing usefulness of WebOS on a printer devoid of the WebOS ecosystem. Please explain this to me. I'm sure there's an easy explanation.
    HP had the right idea of connected devices. Imagine your HP tablet, HP PC, HP printer and HP tv running one operating system. One profile, one purchase of apps, one cloud based storage for documents, SMS forwarding, direct connect to your printer, etc. Make things simpler. But they didn't give it time and delivered the touchpad without its brother, the Pre3. Lame if you ask me. Most of their marketing points proved to be false. Touch to share and message forwarding is not a possibility for most users. The idea of interconnected devices was something that the competitors haven't been concentrating on.

I'm not sure what their plan is for printers. Most key features of webos on a printer are useless. Then again, HP doesn't know what kind of company they are .
  3.    #3  
    I guess I'll take the lack of responses to mean that WebOS on a printer is pretty much useless without other WebOS-running devices.
    The applications loaded onto the printer with WebOS is where the value likely would be. Like allowing photographs to be edited on the printer so you can take a computer out of the equation if you so desire. Things like that.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Hamsterkill View Post
    The applications loaded onto the printer with WebOS is where the value likely would be. Like allowing photographs to be edited on the printer so you can take a computer out of the equation if you so desire. Things like that.
    I just can't imagine how HP thinks WebOS holds value for its use in printers alone. I think the idea is cool, but only as part of a larger ecosystem.