1.    #1  
    Can someone for the love of God explain what HP management is doing? What in the world does this even mean? Ray Lane, who is HP's board chairman, and former president of Oracle, said this today:
    "Right now they have to compete with one arm behind their back. They are not free to put [Google's] Android on their devices."
    He then said that "only one company has been successful in integrating hardware and software, and that's a very special case because of one man," referring to Steve Jobs, Apple's chief executive.
    HP directors defend shift in strategy - FT.com

So, what does that even mean? Does he even have a clue what he is talking about? Is he saying that HP got rid of the PC business and WebOS hardware because they can't put Google's Android on their devices???" What?? Where does HP want to use Android in its product portfolio?
    Next, does he really believe that ONLY Steve Jobs can be successful in integrating hardware and software because he is very special man? Does he really, really believe this? Is he sane? I'm serious, it makes absolutely no sense.
    These guys have no message. None.
    isnt that irrelevant at this point? Also I think its been pretty well established that webos as an os was rather well received and the root cause of failure is poor hardware and slow development.

android would have simply hastened the inevitable as the touchpad would have drowned in the sea of crappy android tablets.
    I would wager that this man is talking out of his rear end.
    Quote Originally Posted by poppeye View Post
    isnt that irrelevant at this point? Also I think its been pretty well established that webos as an os was rather well received and the root cause of failure is poor hardware and slow development.

android would have simply hastened the inevitable as the touchpad would have drowned in the sea of crappy android tablets.
    Agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by innocentbystander View Post
    I would wager that this man is talking out of his rear end.
    +10.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!