Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By LCGuy
  • 1 Post By Cantaffordit
  1.    #1  
    Who knows what this big deal could be... perhaps a licensing deal????

"We have also been told that Bradley is working on an incredibly large deal, however — possibly even larger than the recently announced purchase of Autonomy Corp. This could be Bradley’s last stand, so to speak, before he leaves the company. HP did not immediately respond to a request for comment."

HP EVP Todd Bradley looking to quit HP for CEO role elsewhere
    BGR has exclusively learned that Hewlett-Packard Executive Vice President Todd Bradley is looking to leave HP. While HP reported last week that the company plans to discontinue its webOS smartphones and tablets and is interested in splitting off the PC business, we have heard that Todd Bradley has been considering a departure from HP for several months. “He’s out interviewing for every CEO job he can,” a source familiar with Bradley’s plans told us. With the drastic change in direction for HP, it’s not surprising to see that the leading internal choice for the CEO role, passed over for an outsider, is looking to leave the company. After all, it was Bradley who spearheaded the Palm acquisition and he has been very focused on turning HP into more of a consumer company, something that is now essentially out of the question. Read on for more.

Bradley is well respected in tech circles, though we have been told that one of the reasons he hasn’t exited HP yet is due to his personal demands from potential new companies, which are said to be somewhat excessive. We have also been told that Bradley is working on an incredibly large deal, however — possibly even larger than the recently announced purchase of Autonomy Corp. This could be Bradley’s last stand, so to speak, before he leaves the company. HP did not immediately respond to a request for comment.
    If this helped you hit thanks.
    Interesting. One could only hope it would be tied to WebOS, but who knows at this point? Not sure I see anything involving WebOS being bigger than the >$10 billion purchase of Autonomy Corp.
    Global Posts
    952 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by YankBoy View Post
    Interesting. One could only hope it would be tied to WebOS, but who knows at this point? Not sure I see anything involving WebOS being bigger than the >$10 billion purchase of Autonomy Corp.
    That's what I was thinking. Unless it is part of a larger (started typing lager there, think I need one) deal involving the PC business as well.
    Samsung purchasing the PC unit ($41b/year in revenues), and a strategic partnership agreement for all WebOS phone hardware.

IMHO, of course.
    "The more I learn, the more I realize just how little I really do know!" -Albert Einstein

NoICon and cobrakon like this.
    Todd Bradley was interviewed by CNBC around 5:00pm Eastern time. Here is the link: Hewlett-Packard's Next Move - CNBC.

He says he isn't going anywhere, and he reiterates that HP only got out of the business of manufacturing tablets and smartphones.
    Dan Donovan
    he should lead a management buy out of Palm.
    I wonder if Bradley ordered the fire sale without telling Leo to pay him back for deciding to dump the Personal Systems group.
    Mercule likes this.
    that made me LOL
    I actually watched this on tv, he kinda seemed like he wanted to tell us something but couldn't. After ruby I'm sure he is just as mad at this whole situation. I would really like to hear some statements from ruby and that Phil McKinney guy. Of course they might feed us some bull to because you can't really diss the company you work for or the ceo
    Ruby and McKinney are probably told not to report anything and to stay out of the media. IT was probably mandated form Leo, because if not they would have made some form of appearance by now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    he should lead a management buy out of Palm.
    or manage a team of angry villagers with pitchforks (safety ones ofc and goggles, gotta keep health and safety happy) and fire (lots of fire) to pay some CEO types a visit.
    Bradley is the VP in charge of HP's Personal Systems Group. Since HP is looking to divorce itself from the PSG, it would make sense that he'd be one of the guys in charge of finding a buyer for it. That would qualify as one of the hugest deals in recent history.

Then again, licensing webOS to a consortium of OEMs would also be a huge deal, and I think at this point it's clear that HP is currently in negotiations with licensees. It wouldn't be bigger than the Autonomy buyout, but it'd be pretty big.
    Global Posts
    380 Global Posts
    Watch Bradley, he has someone feeding him lines during the interview. He keeps looking off to his right. No way a Sr VP walks into a live interview to take a beating like that without some help...
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    I thought he did just fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by akshunj View Post
    Watch Bradley, he has someone feeding him lines during the interview. He keeps looking off to his right. No way a Sr VP walks into a live interview to take a beating like that without some help...
    If I were to interview you in a room with plain white walls, and I'd ask you questions you'd have to think about for even one second, your eyes would start wandering. That's just a typical thing pretty much all humans do when their mind is figuratively 'reaching' for an answer. I wouldn't read too much into it.

The guy feeding him the lines would've had to be REALLY quick to scribble answers in order to have made that work as well.