Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    Considering this was his baby, i thought he would have more to say
    no
    not to my knowledge he has not said anything

only one's who have commented are DeWitt, and Kerris, oh and bradley.
    He's too busy getting drunk at his Mexican beach house surrounded by super-models.
    Come play with my Twitter.
    He's probably busy updating his résumé...
    He probably hasn't even heard about it yet.
  6. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,494 Global Posts
    Plus he's a senior exec - he will just give out whatever the party line is (which getting drunk at his Mexican beach house surrounded by super-models).
    "Coming soon"...

Best Regards...
    "If A Man Isn't Willing To Take Some Risk For His Opinions, Either His Opinions Are No Good Or He's No Good!" - Ezra Pound (Poet & Critic)
    (Happy A Lot, As A Good Carioca!)
    Hobbz likes this.
    He's in such a rage he can't stop screaming to properly articulate to be able to type or even speak! It's all just expletives at the moment!
    WebOS hardware is being discontinued by HP. WebOS itself still lives. I hate to sound nitpicky but this is an important distinction -- one that i hope many of precentral's new members understand.
    kjb86 likes this.
  10. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    you guys missed the news about webOS on PCs and printers. Dewitt told WSJ that they are still working on putting webOS on printers and Windows. Guess who is the in-charge ? Ruby yes, Ruby.
  11. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    here is the interview
    Global Posts
    952 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gbp View Post
    you guys missed the news about webOS on PCs and printers. Dewitt told WSJ that they are still working on putting webOS on printers and Windows. Guess who is the in-charge ? Ruby yes, Ruby.
    But, uh, they are set to exit the PC business. Are they going to make that a requirement of whoever buys the PC business?
    Rubinstein knows that if he says what he probably wants to say, he'll be summarily terminated without a golden parachute, and that no other company will ever hire him again because going against the corporate machinery, no matter why, is generally considered "not being a team player" and any potential future employers won't want him if they believe he might end up talking trash about them if they make a decision that he doesn't like. So he's keeping his mouth shut.
    angiest and gbp like this.
    Global Posts
    519 Global Posts
    He's busy trying to get in on the $99 TouchPads.
  15. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,494 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GodShapedHole View Post
    Rubinstein knows that if he says what he probably wants to say, he'll be summarily terminated without a golden parachute, and that no other company will ever hire him again because going against the corporate machinery, no matter why, is generally considered "not being a team player" and any potential future employers won't want him if they believe he might end up talking trash about them if they make a decision that he doesn't like. So he's keeping his mouth shut.
    Of course he's already very rich, as per normal, it's the poor suckers at the bottom, the programmers, support staff and the like who are now wondering it they will be able to make the mortgage in a couple of months.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucidlore View Post
    WebOS hardware is being discontinued by HP. WebOS itself still lives. I hate to sound nitpicky but this is an important distinction -- one that i hope many of precentral's new members understand.
    webOS as you know it is being discontinued. It likely won't show up on new phones or tablets -- maybe the same cheap resistive screen tablets you can pick up at Walgreens, but none of the big players will invest in something that's faltered in two different sets of hands.
    As of right now, WebOS has not been discontinued in any way. Sure WebOS as we know it has been discontinued, b/c we'll never have another Palm or HP produced WebOS device. But there remains a strong possibility that other hardware manufacturers will license/buy the OS.
    Hes in a deep dark cave wringing his hands and continuously repeating the phrase, "webOS, my precious!"
    Soorma likes this.
    Wasn't he already retired before Palm came to him? I don't think he really cares about being hired again. He should go out with a bang, like "F *** you Leo" on Engadget's show.
    The Original Owner of the AT&T Pre3
    WebOS wasn't discontinued, only the hardware that WebOS uses is discontinued. I am interested to know what John has to say about this though.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast