Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes
  1.    #1  
    I want a WebOS phone as well......

A shame if this platform dies
    welcome to the life, my friend. It's some kind of journey, that's for sure!!!
    Global Posts
    877 Global Posts
    Depending on your carrier, you can have a Pixi plus phone for $40 brand new.
    Global Posts
    123 Global Posts
    @indivisibletears you beat me to it!

welcome to webOS Macflyer - our great community will keep it going...
    DataJog - Ingeniously Moving Data From Your Desktop to ANY webOS or Android Device

123 Trace - ** NEW APP ** Teaches kids the 123's
    ABC Trace - Teaches kids the ABC's
    Global Posts
    962 Global Posts
    I love my Veer.
    $49 from HP now and I assume that's off-contract.
    Original Palm Pilot+modem > Kyocera QCP 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 650 > HTC TyTN (ugh) > Palm Centro > Nokia E75 > Nokia E72 + iPad2 > HP Veer + TouchPad + UK Pre3 + AT&T Pre3 > iPad2 + ATT Pre3 + Nokia N9 > Galaxy S3 > Pre3 > Nexus 4 > Blackberry Q10 + Galaxy Note 8.0
    Quote Originally Posted by Macflyer View Post

welcome....homebrew will never let it die...

good luck on getting a phone thou
    There are ways to get one on whichever carrier you're on - Veer/Pixi or some form of Frankenpre.

I just happened to win a new Pre2 on eBay last Tuesday (meaning I probably paid way too much in light of Thursday's nonsense), which will be my webOS phone on Sprint for the next two years.

With my Touchpads, I'll be a happy camper.
    If you can find a pre 2. You better get it. Awesome phone and probably the fastest and biggest screen size your gonna get since the Pre3 is getting killed.
    Small business has them on sale, and can discount it immediately to 49 bucks without contract. I just bought a verizon AND an unlocked one for less than 100 bucks combined!
  10.    #10  
    If its GSM, it will work with any GSM simcard sold on US, right? And will Sprint let it on its network if its CDMA? Does any carrier still offer WebOS phones? It sounds more like I need to get one on ebay to go with a carrier that doesnt control the end user device preferences. Could imagine thats easier with GSM than with CDMA?
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by gtkansan View Post
    Small business has them on sale, and can discount it immediately to 49 bucks without contract. I just bought a verizon AND an unlocked one for less than 100 bucks combined!
    Interesting. Verizon is CDMA, right?
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts

if you ever get a webos phone I'm sure you would love the gesture area too. I wish they had one on tp.
    Can't view cart...get an error message. Little side bar on left showing summary of what's in my cart shows the $449 price. How do you get it down to $49?
    Sent from my slowly diminishing intellect

I'm just a soul who's intentions are good...oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood!

Being a webOS fan is like rooting for your perpetually underdog (and underperforming) home team. It's rewarding but can also be the most frustrating experience.
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by laoh View Post
    Being a webOS fan is like rooting for your perpetually underdog (and underperforming) home team. It's rewarding but can also be the most frustrating experience.
    I tend to go for the underdogs. And then, I got love for obsolete hard and software if its still useful for me. Mac OS 9 anyone?
    I still have a Betamax (that works!)

LOSER ALERT!!!
    retroblu likes this.
    And will Sprint let it on its network if its CDMA?
    No. As a general rule, CDMA carriers only activate phones that have been made specifically for their network.
    Touchscreens are a fad.
  18.    #18  
    I still got the obsolete DVD format and a player for it attached to a real tube tv.
  19.    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by Syndil View Post
    No. As a general rule, CDMA carriers only activate phones that have been made specifically for their network.
    So, GSM sounds like the better deal for obsolete and non authorized phones.

try ebay or craigslist...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast