1.    #1  
    Hi all,

FYI. See link.

Take care,
    Jay

Should Facebook buy webOS from HP?
    By Emil Protalinski | August 19, 2011, 1:14pm PDT

Should Facebook buy webOS from HP? | ZDNet

Summary: Some believe that Facebook should just buy webOS from HP. I look at the pros and cons and ultimately decide whether Facebook should make the acquisition.

Unless you’ve been living under a rock, you’ve probably heard about the huge revolution HP just undertook: ditching its PC business, and making an offer to buy Autonomy for $10.2 billion. A big part of the discussion has naturally centered on webOS, which HP has been pushing forward since it acquired Palm last year for $1.2 billion. With HP discontinuing the HP TouchPad, the first tablet to run webOS, and all of Palm’s webOS phones, many are wondering what lies ahead for the mobile operating system.
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    No. I already despise the Failboofication of the Internet with their stupid little Like buttons. I can't imagine what webOS will look like if they take over.
    Unless someone like Samsung or LG gets involved or some other hardware maker, webOS will never survive. Giving Facebook a crack at it is like giving my five year old a crack at driving.
    If you like my Themes, please donate! Thanks!

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com
    Not a good option in my opinion...
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    It is very unlikable. Facebook has a relation with Microsoft. Thats why we are seeing right now Facebook integration with Skype. I don't see Facebook competing with Windows Phone 7.

What you need to do is walk the open source path. You need to set WebOS vendor free, the only way known to do that is to open source (or clone) the source code of WebOS under an open source license.

So my suggestions for your community.

1) Make a petition to HP to open source WebOS under a approved OSI open source license.
    2) Get the WebOS developer community to start right now a WebOS open source clone.
    3) Get the community together.

Good Luck.