Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree6Likes
    Global Posts
    2,060 Global Posts
    The Korean government is pressuring all the Korean consumer electronics companies to work together on a single homegrown OS platform.

http://www.koreaherald.com/national/...20110822000719
    "We will be communicating with you frequently over the next few weeks and we look forward to hearing from you throughout this process. "

Can this line up with the Sept 1st date?
    Quote Originally Posted by samab View Post
    The Korean government is pressuring all the Korean consumer electronics companies to work together on a single homegrown OS platform.

http://www.koreaherald.com/national/...20110822000719
    Oh Korea. Why won't you learn from Europe's mistakes?

If you absolutely have too much tax money lying around and don't know where to stick it after you've bought those diamond windowpanes for the parliamentary building and those 10,000 rolls of fine silk toilet paper for his excellency the minister of commerce, trying to force an operating system on your companies and/or citizens is a very viable alternative to just taking that money and burning it in an incinerator.
    angiest likes this.
    my sister-in-law (who actually happens to work for motorola) informed me that samsung is going to make its own operating system. it was announced in the news in korea. the korean government is going to help them, too. they see the google acquisition as too big of a threat (let along the iOS threat).

personally, i'd love to see them pick up webos. i mean, to build a new OS and its associated app catalog and attract developers, etc. will take a while and lots of $$.
    I think they are still going to build their own OS, and probably buy webos or licensed from hp and take parts of webos to put into their own platform.
    Samsung's 9/1/11 announcement turned out to be the Samsung Galaxy Note 5.3" 720p - Engadget.
  7. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    And the CEO also said they would 'never' bid for WebOS - so that's one more theory for the dustbin.
    Oh, lovely fans.

webOS is still an asset, i hope somebody pick it up, my pre is getting old.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12