1.    #1  
    Thank you for your interest in the HP TouchPad
    HP Small and Medium Business Customers

We have received unprecedented orders as a result of the tremendous discount offered. This is clear confirmation to HP there is huge interest in building a webOS community. We apologize for any difficulty you may have had in ordering on the web or through the phone this weekend; it was as a result of selling out of our current inventory.

Your order has been captured and you should receive a confirmation over the next 48 hours.

Additionally, some of our customers may have experienced a pricing error while purchasing on August 20th and 21st. We are in the process of ensuring every order is honored at the discounted price and will send you confirmation via email.

Should you have any questions, we can be contacted at 1 800 888 5858 option 1: Though we are expecting significant call volumes with extended wait times over the next 48 hours, we ask for your patience and we are committed to our relationship with you and to delivering the best technology solutions for you and your business.

Sincerely,
    Your HP Small and Medium Business Team

HP webOS - High connectivity, stability and security | HP® Official Site | U.S.

No duh it was your Prices fool!!!!!
    Global Posts
    111 Global Posts
    Well, to be fair New Coke and the Ford Edsel both would have sold out at a low enough price.
    Who, other than HP stockholders, cares if HP is losing buckets of money on this?

TouchPads selling like crazy for almost free = millions of new webOS devices in the wild.

If HP manages to reel in OEMs for new hardware, developers will jump back on because new hardware is coming from OEMs that are actually GOOD at making such hardware, and because the webOS catalog now has a few million more customers.
  4.    #4  
    GodShapedHole I love your avatar rofl!!!!!!
    Global Posts
    127 Global Posts
    Dude... MILLIONS of new devices? There's no way HP had that many in their warehouses. I might believe 100,000, maybe 2... but no way they built millions.
    Quote Originally Posted by GodShapedHole View Post
    Who, other than HP stockholders, cares if HP is losing buckets of money on this?

TouchPads selling like crazy for almost free = millions of new webOS devices in the wild.

If HP manages to reel in OEMs for new hardware, developers will jump back on because new hardware is coming from OEMs that are actually GOOD at making such hardware, and because the webOS catalog now has a few million more customers.
    is the term "few Million" accurate...i would like to know how many touchpads HP made before the axe dropped....if the amount is correct and it well may be seeing as how HP sells in alot of countries...and they pretty much sold out everywhere ....

then the fire sale did what the dual boot HP PC's were going to do

finally webOS will get the attention it deserves....Thanks HP
    Quote Originally Posted by gihmley View Post
    Dude... MILLIONS of new devices? There's no way HP had that many in their warehouses. I might believe 100,000, maybe 2... but no way they built millions.
    well best buy claims they ordered 200.000 and only sold 25.000 before the fire sale....so theres your number right there....then you have all other outlets and countries to cover.....

does anyone know the production numbers....??????????????????????????
    My guess is that initial production was around a million or so units. Sounds like all those are gone, so ONE MILLION SOLD IN 3 DAYS isn't too far off for the headline.

Assume 250k for Best Buy, and at least that many from HP directly. Then add all other retailers whether stateside or otherwise, I am thinking the initial run would have to be at least a million if not 1.5 million.
    If you like my Themes, please donate! Thanks!

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com

Oh, and if HP had come in and given me, a developer, a free TouchPad then I wouldn't have to wait for a refund of the difference. Crazy HP.
    If you like my Themes, please donate! Thanks!