Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes
    Global Posts
    952 Global Posts
    I have a Samsung fridge, but it doesn't have the touchscreen. A webOS interface would be cool though.

One can always have hope, but I am still feeling the impact of HP's bus.
    Quote Originally Posted by angiest View Post
    I have a Samsung fridge, but it doesn't have the touchscreen. A webOS interface would be cool though.

One can always have hope, but I am still feeling the impact of HP's bus.
    That's actually an interesting idea. If anything a TouchPad mounted into the fridge would be awesome. Great for looking up recipes and managing inventory.

Even better in the future, if there's RFID tags that replaces UPC, live RFID inventory and it shows up on the screen.
    Global Posts
    952 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    That's actually an interesting idea. If anything a TouchPad mounted into the fridge would be awesome. Great for looking up recipes and managing inventory.

Even better in the future, if there's RFID tags that replaces UPC, live RFID inventory and it shows up on the screen.
    About 6 or 7 years ago, I had an opportunity to go to the IBM briefing center in Austin. They had/have one of those "... of the future" exhibits. One of the rooms was a kitchen, where your fridge knows what you have, you can get recipes, etc. Also the whole remotely turn your oven on thing, etc.

They also showed placing two bottles of medicine next to each other (as if you were going to take both), and having the house warn you if you shouldn't mix them. It was a pretty cool demo.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12