Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By VzwPrePlus
  1.    #1  
    So does anyone else, especially developers think there is going to be a crazy amount of webOS devices after this crazy hoopla? Take my family for instance, after I bought a 32gb touchpad this morning and returning my $400 one, my family went into a frenzy trying to buy them. They eventually found them and now, at least 10 more people have touchpads and they would have never thought about getting them before... I think this will be huge trend and hopefully should stimulate a little webOS love.... Come on developers, think about it, there are going to be so many people out there now who want apps. And there are no decent tablets, let alone os's that can match the value.... Just my two cents...
    Oh yeah, easily. At $100, the TouchPad is just unbelievable value and I think everyone recognizes that.

It's kind of amusingly ironic how, in its death, webOS just became more popular than it ever was when it was still alive and kicking.
    Quote Originally Posted by Carkid367 View Post
    So does anyone else, especially developers think there is going to be a crazy amount of webOS devices after this crazy hoopla? Take my family for instance, after I bought a 32gb touchpad this morning and returning my $400 one, my family went into a frenzy trying to buy them. They eventually found them and now, at least 10 more people have touchpads and they would have never thought about getting them before... I think this will be huge trend and hopefully should stimulate a little webOS love.... Come on developers, think about it, there are going to be so many people out there now who want apps. And there are no decent tablets, let alone os's that can match the value.... Just my two cents...
    Yes. Yes yes yes yes yes.

Yes.

Did I say yes? Because, yes.
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

Everywhere I went to in town, they tell me the Touchpad sold out in five minutes of the store opening. One Office Depot told me to call around noon on Monday to get one.

Also, this is the only time I remember people going up and playing with Touchpad.

Perhaps it was a smart decision for them to come out and say they will still support the software. Give webOS a sudden influx of users, give developers a sudden influx of revenue, and you give licensees a reason to look again. Look at what webOS might be given a good amount of users.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    I disagree, people are buying them up quick because of the $99 price, not because of anything special about WebOS. Once the devices sell through, there wont be any new ones. Despite HP saying they will still support updates to the OS and the app catalog (do you honestly believe that bs?), the platform is dead. I predict most WebOS users will switch to Android or iOS once their contact is up. Another month and a half for me and I am switching over to a Droid. Just dont kid yourselves thinking there will be a revival because the Touchpad is $99 now!
    sinsin07 likes this.
  6.    #6  
    Just like my family, they have no idea what webOS is, but just because it is so cheap, I think a whole heck of a lot of people are looking now. I wasn't just saying that it will necessarily revive my most favorite platform but it is definitely in a lot more hands now and hopefully the developers will see a huge boost in sales....
    You don't need a contract for Touchpad...

Alot of people are just porting andrioid on it. It's going to make a cheap android tablet.
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    It gives manufacturers a great incentive to license WebOS.
    I think the positive is that webOS is now in the hands of people who may have never considered it otherwise. That has to be a good thing.

just my .02
    Quote Originally Posted by omahawildcat View Post
    Alot of people are just porting andrioid on it. It's going to make a cheap android tablet.
    Why make it worse?