Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree3Likes
    MeeGo's absolutely dead and neither Nokia nor Intel still support it; it was folded and what parts were left are being merged in with the new Tizen OS. Way different ballgame now.

https://www.tizen.org/
    Tizen - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Quote Originally Posted by vanadium View Post
    MeeGo's absolutely dead and neither Nokia nor Intel still support it; it was folded and what parts were left are being merged in with the new Tizen OS. Way different ballgame now.

https://www.tizen.org/
    Tizen - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Clearly that means Intel's buying webOS!
    Global Posts
    332 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rmausser View Post
    Intel's big advantage is that they spent the last 4 years building a mobile OS (Moblin, then Meego) from the ground up.
    I agree, especially when taking under consideration that Tizen (Meego's successor) will also be based on HTML5 and web standards it makes sense for Intel buying webOS and combining the best of both.
    Preł (iPhone 4), TouchPad 32 GB (PlayBook 16 GB)
    It doesn't make sense if the underlying OS architecture Tizen is based on is found to be incompatible with the way webOS is architected. Just because two operating systems have the same core principles in mind (HTML5/Standards-Based Development) it means nothing in terms of whether you can actually combine the two.

It's more likely that Tizen could adopt some of the features that webOS excels at, but if Intel bought webOS I would place a firmer bet on it being a patent play so they could do just that without fear of litigation. I don't see a merging of the codebases being remotely probable in time for their first major release--if at all.

That is, of course, assuming that Intel does buy webOS. And that's as speculative as anything.
    well, then Intel would have Enyo, also.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Quote Originally Posted by T-Pad View Post
    Intel's big advantage is that they have enough money for spending
    We all thought the same thing about HP and that didn't turn out to well.
    p41m3r likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by sinime View Post
    We all thought the same thing about HP and that didn't turn out to well.
    True! At this stage in the game, I dont see the market responding any differently to an Intel-owned Palm. They would have to throw bags of $ and sweetheart deals to their OEMs. It is probable, though, since they've done it in the past and recently (with Ultrabooks), and are eager for a piece of that mobile pie - even if its on x86.
    Quote Originally Posted by T-Pad View Post
    Intel's big advantage is that they have enough money for spending
    I'm hoping that was meant to imply sarcasm.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12