Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By prdamrican#AC
  • 1 Post By bullonparade85#IM
  • 1 Post By cobrakon
  • 1 Post By Mize
  1.    #1  
    Dear App developers:

Looks like some of you (if not most) are trying to pull your apps from the app catalog. Yes, you know you are acting in haste.. yes, you have the right to do what you want with YOUR app. Yes, you want your revenge and this is your way of saying "heres one for you.. HP".

But....

Do you realize that you are not just hurting HP but you are also hurting some of us holding onto our touchpads? What about us? where would we get our updates for your.....err.... our product that we bought? and please tell me how does it make YOU any different from HP? you want to sell a product and pull it out of the market?

I'm posting this topic in this section as well as in touchPad Apps section hoping this thread gets more exposure...
    Now....hoping for YOUR continued support. You know WE support you, and we expect...errr...request the same.
    I agree with your request, but you can only post one thread on this topic.

thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ksht View Post
    Dear App developers:

Looks like some of you (if not most) are trying to pull your apps from the app catalog. Yes, you know you are acting in haste.. yes, you have the right to do what you want with YOUR app. Yes, you want your revenge and this is your way of saying "heres one for you.. HP".

But....

Do you realize that you are not just hurting HP but you are also hurting some of us holding onto our touchpads? What about us? where would we get our updates for your.....err.... our product that we bought? and please tell me how does it make YOU any different from HP? you want to sell a product and pull it out of the market?

I'm posting this topic in this section as well as in touchPad Apps section hoping this thread gets more exposure...
    Now....hoping for YOUR continued support. You know WE support you, and we expect...errr...request the same.
    Agreed! Pulling your apps does not hurt HP, it hurts your community. And with the fire sale starting tomorrow, you may get quite an influx on new customers!!!!
    german8401 likes this.
    Yes please don't leave us! Im planning to keep my touchpad for a while!
    german8401 likes this.
    What kind of apps have been pulled from the catalog? Just curious to make sure I don't uninstall any and am unable to reinstall.........if anyone can name some I would appreciate it. Thanks!
    Mobile HotSpot At&t
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Res215dg View Post
    What kind of apps have been pulled from the catalog? Just curious to make sure I don't uninstall any and am unable to reinstall.........if anyone can name some I would appreciate it. Thanks!
    None so far that I'm aware of. But the rumor is that developers were trying to take their app out and HP locked the app catalog completely. and hence some developers couldnt update their apps and others couldnt add new ones.
    DEVELOPERS think about it, HP is going to sell EVERY SINGLE TOUCHPAD they manufactured at this point (and possibly the rest of the phones too). BestBuy had 270,000 you can extrapolate numbers for their other channel partners from there and that's likely 700,000 to over1 MILLION DEVICES and new users.

As a Dev, do you care HOW MUCH a user paid for their device? Or that they HAVE a device?? If somehow someone stole the shipments and customers were buying them off the street...would that matter to you???

If you have a TP app published or ready for release, there will be a TON of new users now who will see the app catalog and buy apps. Plus there's several hundred thousand in HP "App credits" that you devs are getting your 70% of as well.

It's actually a GREAT time to be a DEV, not a device vendor\consumer reseller.
    jeffmcc likes this.
    Global Posts
    962 Global Posts
    Let's make a non-hp web store like Cydia for jailbroken iOS devices so devs can get the money they deserve.
    Original Palm Pilot+modem > Kyocera QCP 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 650 > HTC TyTN (ugh) > Palm Centro > Nokia E75 > Nokia E72 + iPad2 > HP Veer + TouchPad + UK Pre3 + AT&T Pre3 > iPad2 + ATT Pre3 + Nokia N9 > Galaxy S3 > Pre3 > Nexus 4 > Blackberry Q10 + Galaxy Note 8.0
    jeffmcc likes this.
    Please at least don't pull your app. I can't blame you if you hold off on development to see how this all turns out. The fan of webOS in me hopes this turns out good at least for developers.
    Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mize View Post
    Let's make a non-hp web store like Cydia for jailbroken iOS devices so devs can get the money they deserve.
    Thats just what preware is...

NOT "HP webOS"!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mize View Post
    Totally agree, the best solution at this time, I suppose.
    When iPhone 2G is launched there wasn't any AppStore at all, but the community was extremely strong and released AppInstaller first and Cydia then. There were many-many applications. Only after AppStore was oficially opened, almost a year after. Do you remember?

And let's hope that someone will buy rights on WebOS.
    Global Posts
    679 Global Posts
    Devs we really want to to stay, but if you do go (dont!), then please consider making your app open source so it can live on even if you have decided to quit.
    Pilot 5000 > Pre > Pre2 > Pre3 > Galaxy Nexus
    TouchPad > Galaxy Tab 8.9
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffmcc View Post
    Thats just what preware is...
    Not quite. You can sell stuff on Cydia. Not on PreWare.