Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree11Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by angiest View Post
    Really, as much as it hurts me to say it given how much as I love webOS. At this point, all the faithful webOS users should approach anything HP says according to the axiom "fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me."

The fact of the matter is every last one of us got thrown under the bus. The new phones and TP's should go on for awhile, but who wants to develop comercially for something that is dead, absolutely dead, for the next year, minimum. And no known prospect that there will be anything then. At least over the last year we had HP's now worthless word that there would be things coming. Do they deserve a second chance?

And does anyone believe they will have any news "in the coming weeks?"

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums

We are up to "fool me 15 times and i will only believe you three more times"
    Interestingly, HP isn't just stopping webOS hardware, they're stopping ALL hardware. That makes a huge difference.

Firesale = millions of devices in the market.
  3. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GodShapedHole View Post
    Interestingly, HP isn't just stopping webOS hardware, they're stopping ALL hardware. That makes a huge difference.

Where did you see that? To do so would complete kill any chance os selling the PSG.

Sent from my ZTE-BLADE using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by GodShapedHole View Post

For now, HP only stopped production of webOS devices. Computers and other stuff is still not canceled.
    Back to devs... HP's hysterical firesale and cancellation of Pre3 is a sign that they will not support any existing hardware. They are hoping dev's will continue development so App catalog can grow because of potential buyer for webOS (not likely). Remember Mojo/Enyo hustle? That was hard to maintain whan things was right. Can you imagine how complicated thing are right now?
    Quote Originally Posted by YankBoy View Post
    This could all turn out just fine in the long run. If HP keeps WebOS development and support going and is able to partner with Samsung or whoever for hardware, we'd end up with a 100% better overall product.
    Quote Originally Posted by ADGrant View Post
    I would love some of whatever you are smoking.
    You can smoke LSD?
    Quote Originally Posted by Trekker View Post
    You can smoke LSD?
    Yes, but its dangerous. You can end up waiting 3.0.3 OTA.
    Quote Originally Posted by Titan078 View Post
    We are up to "fool me 15 times and i will only believe you three more times"
    Ain't that the truth!!
    I got the same letter from HP and I don't believe a word from those jackwagons. They promise support now, we will see in 12 months if they are singing the same tune, and the sad thing is there are people here that actually believe them. The only reason webos will stay "alive" will be thanks to the homebrew community and webos internals not HP.

HP made webos a toxic asset and I doubt any manufacturer will jump to webos.
    Trekker and Brain_ReCall like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by chalx View Post
    Yes, but its dangerous. You can end up waiting 3.0.3 OTA.
    Haha. Yeah, that'd happen if you smoked LSD.

You know why?

Cause nothing happens when you smoke LSD. You stay sane and sober (because the molecule denaturates way below the temperature of an open flame).
    Quote Originally Posted by stockh View Post
    If HP is trying to market WebOS like Google/android good luck. Why would a hardware manufacturer throw money into a OS that is

1. slow (no matter what hardware you throw at it)
    2. No significant developer following.
    3. Multi tasking advantage has closed with release of WP7 Mango.

This chapter will be the last. RIP
    Everyone releases the phone first then the tablet HP was backwards and released the tablet and no phone. So many people were sceptical in moving to a unfamiliar form factor and 1. webOS isnt slow. And 3. my friend has Mango and it isnt all that, like webOs. And if they would have just waited like what they are doing now instead of releasing a tablet that wasnt ready but release a new phone that they kept up to date with 2. it would have been better devoloped for the tablet. People dont want a tablets that they arent familiar with but a phone is different.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12