Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    From @BrandonWatson

To Any Published WebOS Devs: We'll give you what you need to be successful on #WindowsPhone, incl.free phones, dev tools, and training, etc.
    Love you, forum software.

Acronym for "Which Terodactyl Flies?"
    Quote Originally Posted by justapps View Post
    From @BrandonWatson

To Any Published WebOS Devs: We'll give you what you need to be successful on #WindowsPhone, incl.free phones, dev tools, and training, etc.
    They badly need app developers and its easier to convert WebOS developers than Android or iOS. Surprised they aren't making the same pitch to RIM developers.
    Global Posts
    278 Global Posts
    http://www.wpcentral.com/microsoft-e...bos-developers

Seems quite generous
    I wonder how many developers will stay!
    I certainly won't bother to carry on learning how to develop for webOS.
    Zero professional developers will stay. MS is trying to grab some for its own unsuccessful platform. They are trying to knock RIM from the number 3 spot.
    well they already have well over 25k apps, and thousands of DEVOS so I dont think theres a issue there. Though they, like most of the world still do not even know that HP is keeping Webos for the time being, but of course thats How HP does buisness keeping peoples heart rates up.
    Quote Originally Posted by wellwellwell11 View Post
    well they already have well over 25k apps, and thousands of DEVOS so I dont think theres a issue there. Though they, like most of the world still do not even know that HP is keeping Webos for the time being, but of course thats How HP does buisness keeping peoples heart rates up.
    25k apps is not very impressive. Apple has 425k apps and about 100k tablet apps. I think even RIM has more than 25k apps.
    Quote Originally Posted by ADGrant View Post
    25k apps is not very impressive. Apple has 425k apps and about 100k tablet apps. I think even RIM has more than 25k apps.
    Well I think that reaching 25,000 apps for an OS that is only 9 months old is pretty good.
    Titan078 and selcouth14 like this.
    Time to publish a CrApp for a free WP7 phone!!!11eleven
    Quote Originally Posted by ADGrant View Post
    Everything we thought HP will do for webOS, Microsoft is actually doing for WP7. I like my Galaxy S, but next year when WP7 gets some maturity I'll be again in MS's lap
    Titan078 likes this.
    How to take advantage of that offer? I already know C#...
    For WEB OS developers that may be interested in working on a different platform: Win7 phones are being offered:

Microsoft Offering Free Developer Phones and Tools For webOS Devs

Wish I was a developer.... I've got ideas for some APPS - but no time to "develop".

Cheers,
    Kim
    This PRE is MINE all MINE! But if you ask nice I might let you hold it!
    Looks like Windows Phone is seeking webOS developers and giving them freebies from the news.

Twitter

ouch.
    Global Posts
    197 Global Posts
    well that dosnt mean that they have to stop developing on webos, if i was a webos deveoloper i would take up their offer juust to get free stuff and make some cheesy app lol
    merged
    Quote Originally Posted by NpManny View Post
    well that dosnt mean that they have to stop developing on webos, if i was a webos deveoloper i would take up their offer juust to get free stuff and make some cheesy app lol

definitely. wp7 is doing it right, bribing devs.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Global Posts
    54 Global Posts
    Microsoft is hosting a free online developer seminar starting on Tuesday August 23rd to teach developers how to code for Windows Phone Mango:

Day One — August 23, 2011 | 8am-4pm PDT | Live online training

• Building Windows Phone Apps with Visual Studio 2010
    • Silverlight on Windows Phone – Introduction
    • Silverlight on Windows Phone – Advanced
    • Using Expression to Build Windows Phone Interfaces
    • Windows Phone Fast Application Switching
    • Windows Phone Multi-tasking & Background Tasks
    • Using Windows Phone Resources (Bing Maps, Camera, etc.)

Day Two — August 24, 2011 | 8am-4pm PDT | Live online training

• Application Data Storage on Windows Phone
    • Using Networks with Windows Phone
    • Windows Azure and Windows Phone
    • Notifications on Windows Phone
    • XNA for Windows Phone
    • Selling a Windows Phone Application

What’s a “Jump Start” Course? | Training specifically designed for experienced developers and technologists whose jobs demand they know how to best leverage new, emerging Microsoft technologies. These advanced courses assume a certain level of expertise and domain knowledge, so they move quickly and cover topics in a fashion that enables teams to effectively map new skills to real-world situations.
    REGISTER HERE: https://www.eventbuilder.com/microso...terforall=true

I signed-up and all they wanted was a name and password.
    Last edited by cool8man; 08/21/2011 at 09:28 PM. Reason: Updated with registration link
    Quite interesting to see that Microsoft is desperate enough to try and get webOS developers (of which I understand there are zero, or perhaps half a one because webOS "HAS NO APPSSS!!!!!!!!!!") over to their side - really shows you how many THEY have.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rainforrest View Post
    Well I think that reaching 25,000 apps for an OS that is only 9 months old is pretty good.
    It is compared to WebOS, not so much compared to Android and iOS.
    Last edited by ADGrant; 08/21/2011 at 08:51 PM.
    As a Dev, I think that's a brilliant idea. How many developers, do you think, are sitting tight right now developing for webOS hoping it'll be bought or somehow magically rise from the ashes (again)? It just makes all kinds of sense to be enticed by an offer like this. I've contacted them already hoping to start for WP7. If anything, it'll act as a stop gap IF webOS ever comes back to life.... ever...

Until then, a developer can't just sit idly...
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast