Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By laingman
  1.    #1  
    My hope is that some deep pocketed group of investors can buy webos/palm division and make special special phones sorta like a rolls royce with palm branding. They are not concerned with apple just making money. I would pay whatever it costs.
    pk1234 and jeffmcc like this.
    I'd rather samsung purchased them. I dunno, I only hope that, whoever does it, realizes that they are going to have to take a loss the first year or two. Sell the device at cost, or even at a lost until you get 10-20 million users. Then, make the next generation device a bit more expensive, and built an ecosystem around it. Also, re-introduce the hot apps program.
    Global Posts
    833 Global Posts
    There is a strong talk that Microsoft is buying WebOS and maybe Palm in a package. We'll see.
    Quote Originally Posted by vladi View Post
    There is a strong talk that Microsoft is buying WebOS and maybe Palm in a package. We'll see.
    talk from where?

and I certainly hope not. Because if MS bought palm it would only be for the patents. Apple, and gogle could actually implement cards, and other OS features. But MS already has a nice, and totally different UI.
    Global Posts
    2,060 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by laingman View Post
    My hope is that some deep pocketed group of investors can buy webos/palm division and make special special phones sorta like a rolls royce with palm branding. They are not concerned with apple just making money. I would pay whatever it costs.
    You mean gold plated Nokia Vertu phones? That concept went down in flames a long time ago.