1.    #1  
    ...I hope RIM rises from ashes with QNX.....that way in a year or so i can grab a BB Bold running the closest thing to webOs I can find...a total rip off might be a savior of sorts to us....that being said RIM might be just as bad as HP when talking about being a corporate company only concerned with numbers.

I'm buying a *PALM* Pre 2 on VZ today....I rock an iphone 4 because my pre plus was stuck in headset mode......I thought id be in OK but i dread the switch....now that its all over the pre2 will allow me to cower the storm...in a year if webos truly is dead...maybe RIM will have figured it out....if not I dont know what to do...i hate all the other options.
    RIM is getting their ***** kicked by Apple and the Android Army right now. I think they will be bought and torn apart a la Palm in about 1 yr or less. Too bad, their OS is probably the most similar to WebOS and I like the Playbook a lot.
    rim is deader than us at least we're somebody's bi... IP
    Global Posts
    2,672 Global Posts
    People have been writing off RIM for years. If they are one thing it's stubborn. They don't give up on a product after 47 days. They may lose the consumers, but will remain strong in the enterprise for a while.
    And RIM actually, you know, launches products. I think their new BlackBerry 7 phones actually launched on something like 250 carriers simultaneously.
    Quote Originally Posted by nappy View Post
    And RIM actually, you know, launches products. I think their new BlackBerry 7 phones actually launched on something like 250 carriers simultaneously.
    They probably also dug themselves deeper as a result. Sometimes its just better to cut your losses earlier and move on.
    Quote Originally Posted by nappy View Post
    Kudos to them for sticking with the Playbook for now, although I suspect it will be on the chopping block by year's end.
  8.    #8  
    Seriously though....I really dont like any other platform....Apple IOS is great but its sooo app centric....and I need a keyboard and flash for work......Android is a mess....yeah its really customizable but fragmentation and general lack of love from hardware manufacturers (updates) turns me off......Win 7 looks real pretty but i dont want to jump on a failing platform again.

RIM...BB 7 is still ****...but the playbook QNX os is very slick....it has my app switching....itll have my app drawer....itll have my universal search.....itll have great keyboards....and itll have better app support (better than palm at least)....and RIM has nowhere else to go.....itll prob be many years before they tank...and by then who knows.

BTW I rodered a Pre 2 on VZ today....so ill be happy for a while....until it dies and webos is gone