Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree41Likes
  1.    #1  
    HP is not allowing Developers to remove or update, and possibly add apps right now. A lot of people were ****ed off and started removing their apps. So, HP locked it down.
    Well at least someone at HP still cares about the users that are still a part of their "ecosystem"...
    ArchonAdvisors likes this.
  3.    #3  
    I hastily finished up one of the main apps I've been working on for Pre/TP and wanted to release it soon, just to get it off my chest. Hopefully they allow additions.
    What was your app?
    Wow -
    There might be another announcement on the way...this is pretty stupid way of running a company...seriously you release products in other countries and 3 days later shutter the business...***
    jeffmcc likes this.
    Global Posts
    962 Global Posts
    I can't believe the board and shareholders will let this fool be CEO for much longer. What an utter disaster.
    Original Palm Pilot+modem > Kyocera QCP 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 650 > HTC TyTN (ugh) > Palm Centro > Nokia E75 > Nokia E72 + iPad2 > HP Veer + TouchPad + UK Pre3 + AT&T Pre3 > iPad2 + ATT Pre3 + Nokia N9 > Galaxy S3 > Pre3 > Nexus 4 > Blackberry Q10 + Galaxy Note 8.0
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Orion Antares View Post
    What was your app?
    It does over the air music identification. Like SoundHound / Shazam. I've been working on it for months, tweaking and optomizing it because the database of songs is still growing. It only has 100k songs but soon will have everything from 7 digital, so about 15 million songs I believe. I was worried about releasing it before the db was large enough because I don't want people to think it didn't work. But now, I don't really care.
    Quote Originally Posted by etx View Post
    It does over the air music identification. Like SoundHound / Shazam. I've been working on it for months, tweaking and optomizing it because the database of songs is still growing. It only has 100k songs but soon will have everything from 7 digital, so about 15 million songs I believe. I was worried about releasing it before the db was large enough because I don't want people to think it didn't work. But now, I don't really care.
    This is what everyone's been waiting for!!!!
  11. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Orion Antares View Post
    Well at least someone at HP still cares about the users that are still a part of their "ecosystem"...
    I am pretty sure that puts them in violation of their agreement with developers - I think they maintain rights to the apps and can pull them at any time.

Any developer want to correct me if I'm wrong?
    Quote Originally Posted by laoh View Post
    This is what everyone's been waiting for!!!!
    +1

Release it! I will buy it.
    KA1
    Visor Deluxe->Visor Prism/Digital Link->Treo 650->Treo 700p->Pre->GSM Unlocked Pre 2 (wifi only)->FrankenPre + Touchpad 32 ->+ Touchpad 4G ATT + ATT Pre3 + 64 White Touchpad... bliss.
    ArchonAdvisors and jeffmcc like this.
    I tried to submit an update for Doggy Bag for some improvements I had been working on, but it wouldn't let me. I won't be adding new features, but I will continue to support it as long as I have a Touchpad, which I plan to keep.
    i wanted something like this on webOS for years.
    jeffmcc likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mize View Post
    I can't believe the board and shareholders will let this fool be CEO for much longer. What an utter disaster.
    You sound just like those of use on the Maemo/Meego forums talking about Nokia's Elop...
    +1 sale if it works on the Pre.
    When I think of the Board of Directors for HP.. I have an image of Mr. Burns sitting there saying "exxxxxxellent".

Attached Images Attached Images
    Put this app in Preware!!

Best Regards...
    "If A Man Isn't Willing To Take Some Risk For His Opinions, Either His Opinions Are No Good Or He's No Good!" - Ezra Pound (Poet & Critic)
    (Happy A Lot, As A Good Carioca!)
    ArchonAdvisors and jeffmcc like this.
    @etx... if it can get in the catalog.. I'd still buy it. I'll have my webOS stuff for a while
    Quote Originally Posted by cddiede View Post
    You sound just like those of use on the Maemo/Meego forums talking about Nokia's Elop...
    Oh yea? I wasn't aware that Nokia's CEO had announced he was planning to lop off a HUGE segment of their divisions to sell or spin-off...
    jeffmcc likes this.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast