Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By tooearly
  • 1 Post By loopytee
  1.    #1  
    I've decided that no company is good at making webOS a big star like it needs to be. Palm = Fail, HP = Fail, and the third time should and will be the charm, if the right buyer comes along.

That being said, we should raise money for P|C or webOSinternals to buy the Palm division. It seems like everyone on the P|C forums knows how to run a company better than HP or Palm did.

A few things to keep in mind, P|C members are great at phone, tablet, and even webOS watch designs.

Also, the only thing that is keeping webOS running is the internals team doing work.

I'm tired of having to rely on other companies to try to make webOS big and actually make good phones.
    Sprint Love
    kyleoXD and antijingoist like this.
    you can count me in for a billion
    bluenote likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by loopytee View Post
    you can count me in for a billion
    You might not need that much.
    PreCentral has 474,000 members.

Each member would have to contribute $1000 - $1500 to even be considered serious enough to buy WebOS from HP.

Interesting concept though.

"The more I learn, the more I realize just how little I really do know!" -Albert Einstein

I've got about $15 in my wallet... Would that be enough?

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
  6.    #6  
    Some people on this forum have to be loaded, right? They can chip in a bit more.

(I'm a poor college student, I could get some loans for it? Ha)
    Sprint Love
    LOL. webOS community vs. Google, Apple, Microsoft, Samsung and HTC. Goodluck.
    Quote Originally Posted by passlogix View Post
    LOL. webOS community vs. Google, Apple, Microsoft, Samsung and HTC. Goodluck.
    But that's provided the latter is really interested...

Nonetheless it still won't work anyways.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLI… T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Quote Originally Posted by tooearly View Post
    It seems like everyone on the P|C forums knows how to run a company better than HP or Palm did.
    It's always easy to sit on the other side of the fence and say that you could do it better..and know how to do it better...
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
    Global Posts
    962 Global Posts
    It's such a crazy idea I'd put in a kilobuck or two if there were 400,000 others to match it.
    Original Palm Pilot+modem > Kyocera QCP 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 650 > HTC TyTN (ugh) > Palm Centro > Nokia E75 > Nokia E72 + iPad2 > HP Veer + TouchPad + UK Pre3 + AT&T Pre3 > iPad2 + ATT Pre3 + Nokia N9 > Galaxy S3 > Pre3 > Nexus 4 > Blackberry Q10 + Galaxy Note 8.0
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    I'd invest some money into "our" own company to develop out WebOS ... employee owned...wohoo. Granted there would be a lot of challenges, but it's not just buying webos, it's also buying a few of the patents to keep us out of trouble as well.

So... even at 1500 per person, not sure what would fly.

Grand idea though.
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by HardBeatZ View Post
    It's always easy to sit on the other side of the fence and say that you could do it better..and know how to do it better...
    I tried to add a bit of sarcasm in there, but I guess it didn't come out.
    Sprint Love
    The closest analogy to this would be OpenPandora

Iíll leave it to you to decide if that was successful. ...Of course, they didnít have to start everything with raising millions of dollars to buy IP.

-Suntan