Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree18Likes
  1. Bo
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    "Turn off the windshield wipers, they don't work, they're just making it worse..."
    I'm so made all I can do is laugh, but I love your quote
    Quote Originally Posted by Palmless View Post
    1. Denial and Isolation.
    2. Anger.
    3. Bargaining.
    4. Depression.
    5. Acceptance.
    I'm at stage four. Going through these stages when Palm put itself up for sale last year certainly makes this process faster for me.
    "Be excellent to each other!" -Bill & Ted
    Global Posts
    155 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Palmless View Post
    Four more nights and you should be fine. Tomorrow will be tough.

1. Denial and Isolation. <- You are here
    2. Anger.
    3. Bargaining.
    4. Depression.
    5. Acceptance.

Some Amiga folks never made it all the way through, and that's the real risk.
    Funniest thing I have read lately!! Ahahahahahah
    Global Posts
    235 Global Posts
    The morning after finds HP stock falling 20%
    I didn't even know her name.
    Global Posts
    155 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by d3ac0n View Post
    They should also find a new CEO.
    LOL, my mom just called. In talking I asked about the HP notebook they just purchased. I think she may return it now for something other than HP.
  8.    #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by d3ac0n View Post
    That is awesome! Their stock is at a 6-year low. I've never really cared much about this kind of thing, but for the first time in my life I'll be pulling for a company to go bankrupt. I'd LOVE to see everything at HP go in the toilet and see them die a slow, painful, humiliating death.
    Quote Originally Posted by ADGrant View Post
    WebOS is finished. No app developer is going to devote further resources to this platform given HP's decision not to produce or sell any more devices using this OS.

WebOS is as dead as PalmOS was the day WebOS was announced.
    I wanted to second this -- I wanted to press the Like button, but I don't really like this no matter how much I believe and agree with you in what you are saying.

Why would an app developer want to stay now? Even if a someone were to pick this up TODAY you would not see any devices for six months or more. That means NO ADDITIONAL sales for at least six months and when that next new amazing device were available, who would buy it given the two companies that have failed with webOS in the past?

HP cornered the market on the webOS diehards, the next company will only have the absolute webOS diehards as a base to build upon.

webOS, as we knew it, is dead.
    Jawbox likes this.
    Global Posts
    952 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey47 View Post
    I wanted to second this -- I wanted to press the Like button, but I don't really like this no matter how much I believe and agree with you in what you are saying.

Why would an app developer want to stay now? Even if a someone were to pick this up TODAY you would not see any devices for six months or more. That means NO ADDITIONAL sales for at least six months and when that next new amazing device were available, who would buy it given the two companies that have failed with webOS in the past?

HP cornered the market on the webOS diehards, the next company will only have the absolute webOS diehards as a base to build upon.

webOS, as we knew it, is dead.
    If someone takes webOS away from HP, I'd come back, or at least seriously look at it. But, I won't be able to wait that long. Will most likely be moving on "in the coming weeks."
    semprini likes this.
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    I'm gone, I waited since the original announcement to update my Sprint Pre... I liked WebOS, but it's time to move on.

The only WebOS in my future could be a sub $200 TouchPad for couch browsing... but even that would be a hard sell.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12