Hi all,

FYI. See link.

take care,

Jay

Editorial: Engadget on the death of HP's webOS devices
    By Engadget staff posted Aug 18th 2011 6:52PM
    Editorial

Editorial: Engadget on the death of HP's webOS devices -- Engadget

WebOS, where did things go wrong? One moment you're worth a "double-down" investment by HP valued at $1.2 billion, and the OS of choice for future tablets, computers and even printers; the next, you're discarded like yesterday's crusty old oatmeal. Today, HP announced -- among other things -- that it's chosen to discontinue operations for its webOS lineup, and that the company "will continue to explore options to optimize the value of webOS software going forward." So what does this all mean for the future of webOS? Have we seen the last of webOS? Join us past the break for our thoughts.
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    Sukiyaki likes this.
    Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
    They ruined palm and webOS.

NOT "HP webOS"!!!
    I really wish rim or nokia would have bought palm....
    Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
    or Oracle...

NOT "HP webOS"!!!
    I've started to take this tack: folks like me who've owned Palm devices for years have been through this before. What the Palm ethic has been is user-friendly and useful devices. When a company executes this badly, Palm eventually reappears.

Kinda like seeing this unfold for like the umpteenth time. HP spins of PSG, somebody licenses webOS, we get a new crop of good devices.