Results 1 to 17 of 17
Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By redmist
  1. redmist's Avatar
    Posts
    674 Posts
    Global Posts
    679 Global Posts
       #1  
    I have the best tablet and the best phone on the market.

    I'm keeping them.
    Pilot 5000 > Pre > Pre2 > Pre3 > Galaxy Nexus
    TouchPad > Galaxy Tab 8.9
    pk1234, ice8lue and Mr._Happy like this.
  2. #2  
    I have a Pre-, and I will use it until it dies. I have a back up Pre- as well that I'll activate once the first one dies. I *may* switch to Android if Motorola decides to release a portrait slider.

    Until then, I too, possess the best mobile OS on the market and am sticking with it until it "runs out".

    Karla
  3. #3  
    That's cool, but it's gonna get tough if they shut down their cloud services and app update servers.

    Let's see if their words to 'not give up on webOS software' carries any weight. Hard to think they will, given past performance.
    "Sometimes I feel like an OS-less child..."
    (with apologies to Billie Holiday )
  4. dale46's Avatar
    Posts
    139 Posts
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by RedMist View Post
    I have the best tablet and the best phone on the market.

    I'm keeping them.

    Fantastic!!

    I am in total agreement.
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by RedMist View Post
    I have the best tablet and the best phone on the market.

    I'm keeping them.
    Yeah, you're still in the honeymoon phase with your brand new Pre 3
  6. #6  
    grudgingly I will return my touchpad today, after spending all the hours getting it setup to run fast and actually really nice, I can't keep it knowning it will never get proper document editing and any new programs for that matter (especially medical stuff). Today is my last day to return, so no time to wait and see, although my guess is HP sells webos+palm patents to someone who strictly buys it for the patents and webos dies (MS, Apple, Samsung, etc). I'm keeping my pixi though until it dies or I end up liking a nokia wp7.
  7. Libb's Avatar
    Posts
    186 Posts
    Global Posts
    188 Global Posts
    #7  
    I haven't used it much this summer because when I'm off-campus WiFi is spotty, but I suspect I'll be carrying my Pre 2 "Touch" around when classes start in a couple weeks, because it still blows away the crappy email client and virtual keyboard of my EVO, and only slightly less crappy email client on my iPad 2. Not to mention the iPad's calendar app is a joke (and the EVO is a complete non-starter for calendar)/ webOS still has the best PIM of any mobile OS around, unfortunately the only thing anyone cares about is apps.

    RIP Palm - I still have fond memories of the IBM WorkPad my dad brought home from work, to my m125 that was my personal PDA, my Zire z72, my Treo 755p, and my webOS devices. Maybe the ideas you espoused will be adopted by other platforms, but I highly doubt it.
  8. #8  
    It's not as if your devices will stop working tomorrow. No software updates in the coming time would surely make them look really stale and old in a year.
  9. redmist's Avatar
    Posts
    674 Posts
    Global Posts
    679 Global Posts
       #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by jokkel View Post
    It's not as if your devices will stop working tomorrow. No software updates in the coming time would surely make them look really stale and old in a year.
    Totally agree. But I change my phones every year anyway.
    Pilot 5000 > Pre > Pre2 > Pre3 > Galaxy Nexus
    TouchPad > Galaxy Tab 8.9
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by jokkel View Post
    It's not as if your devices will stop working tomorrow. No software updates in the coming time would surely make them look really stale and old in a year.
    As with all such things, there will very likely be one software update for each current device. If anything, work will likely stop on programming new features and developing the new form factors like the TP Go, freeing up the programmers to bug fix the existing devices in the couple of months ahead, before all is doomed (or sold or whatever).
  11. #11  
    I may just ditch my phone all together when my Pre- dies. I'll pick up a MiFi and use my TouchPad for all communication. To be honest, talking to people can be tiresome.
    Palm M105--->Palm Tungsten T--->Palm Treo 650--->Palm Centro--->Palm Pre--->Palm iPhone4s (damnit)

    Touchpad (launch day)
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by soccerbudd View Post
    I have a Pre-, and I will use it until it dies. I have a back up Pre- as well that I'll activate once the first one dies. I *may* switch to Android if Motorola decides to release a portrait slider.

    Until then, I too, possess the best mobile OS on the market and am sticking with it until it "runs out".

    Karla
    If I was you I'd activate it now and download all your apps asap just in case HP turn everything off!
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by RedMist View Post
    I have the best tablet and the best phone on the market.

    I'm keeping them.
    I'm jealous

    But after read this article

    I wonder how great WebOS if there is company can make better hardware for WebOS... hope licensing to samsung , LG, & HTC become reality and can be done ASAP .... or else WebOS will never be seen again.
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by The Bard View Post
    I'm jealous

    But after read this article

    I wonder how great WebOS if there is company can make better hardware for WebOS... hope licensing to samsung , LG, & HTC become reality and can be done ASAP .... or else WebOS will never be seen again.
    Trust me, it won't happen. It just doesn't make sense at all.

    That's why I'm furious every time that mofo Richard Kerris is quoted with that tweet.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

    It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

    Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
  15. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by Amohazab View Post
    As with all such things, there will very likely be one software update for each current device. If anything, work will likely stop on programming new features and developing the new form factors like the TP Go, freeing up the programmers to bug fix the existing devices in the couple of months ahead, before all is doomed (or sold or whatever).
    If nothing is announced soon, those programmers will be heading out the door to greener pastures and you can forget about bug fixes too. Nobody likes getting your project dumped in this manner. Bad morale for all involved.
  16. #16  
    I am monitoring ebay to see what unlocked Pre 2s are selling for. I am guessing the price will drop soon.
  17. #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by dsalonius View Post
    If nothing is announced soon, those programmers will be heading out the door to greener pastures and you can forget about bug fixes too. Nobody likes getting your project dumped in this manner. Bad morale for all involved.
    Hopefully the WebOS developers will open source their apps when they stop developing them (which I expect to happen immediately in most cases).

Posting Permissions