1. rs1
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    I have a UK Palm profile, with full App Catalogue access, but I'm currently in Singapore and will only be back in the UK sometime next month.

BUT, I want to buy a Pre 3 now, and have it delivered to Singapore before it runs out of stock everywhere (box.co.uk has already run out).

I won't be able to stop myself from activating and playing with it once I get it here in Singapore, but I don't think Singapore has access to the paid App Catalogue.

So the question is, should I activate the Pre 3 with my UK profile, or create a new profile, and can the Pre be reset once I'm in the UK so that I can regain access to paid apps? Or will it be geolocked forever?
    Do you have someone in the UK who can activate for you before sending it to Singapore?

We don't know whether the current app store/Pre3 still follows the silly 'activate this in launch country only or else you don't get second chance' model, though.

For the TP, it doesn't follow this model, which is good.
  3. rs1
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffyen View Post
    Do you have someone in the UK who can activate for you before sending it to Singapore?
    Yeah, I do. But I just want it ASAP, without having to send it to someone in the UK first Guess I'll just get it when I'm in the UK.

We don't know whether the current app store/Pre3 still follows the silly 'activate this in launch country only or else you don't get second chance' model, though.

For the TP, it doesn't follow this model, which is good.
    So, the geolock is permanent? No "hard erase" option or something to reset the settings?