Hi all,

FYI. See link.

Take care,

Jay

Google, Motorola deal opens the door for HPs webOS
    BY: MARIN PEREZ, INTOMOBILE
    TUESDAY, AUGUST 16TH, 2011 AT 11:42 AM

Google, Motorola deal could be good for HP's webOS

The Google, Motorola deal is going to have a huge impact on Android but it may also unintentionally supercharge some of its competitors and I believe that HPs webOS could use this as a much-needed opportunity to boost its platform.

The GoogMoto combination will provide Google with many patents that it needs to defend Android against lawsuits and this gives it the ability to offer an end-to-end solution that can go toe-to-toe with Apple and its iPhone. While Google says that Motorola wont always get the Nexus line as the showcase of Android, its naive to think that GoogMoto wont have inherent advantages over Android hardware makers like Samsung, HTC and LG Electronics.
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    I like the touchpad a lot more than the author does. I think he makes a good point about the development of webOS from 1.0 to the present, it hasn't been that great. I always
    thought HTC would be a great partner for webOS.
    Global Posts
    169 Global Posts
    The time is perfect for HP to license webOS out to Samsung now. With Samsung now very likely feeling exposed due to Google and Moto, and the fact that they have already stated their desire to work with webOS it could be a solid play for Samsung to cover themselves in the event that Google in their quest for world domination starts squeezing out other Android makers. While webOS is still likely considered a risk even though it's known to be thought highly of, I as a person who doesnt know jack would see it as a better alternative for them than building on their Bada which looks like its been thrown in the junk drawer. It seems pretty clear that HP has no skills in the phone arena. Right now seems as good a time as any to sit down and get webOS on some solid devices. Samsung has got to be concerned regardless of their positive words about Googlemoto.
    I am losing my mind at an alarming rate . . . Actually, I'm not really alarmed at all.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by twiktor View Post
    The time is perfect for HP to license webOS out to Samsung now..
    Hi all,

Well you got my vote.

take care,

Jay
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    Googorola sounds better