1.    #1  
    Given how everyone talks about how amazing and user friendly WebOS is, I'm surprised no one has just straight up stolen the interface. I mean, the Blackberry Playbook pretty much stole it, but I'm surprised no one else has taken it and incorporated it into their phone's OS. I figured that maybe patents prevented that from happening, but the Playbook blatantly steals the "cards" feature from WebOS. Without patents protecting it, why has no one copied or at least borrowed elements from it to incorporate into their OS?
    Windows phone 7 mango uses card view for multi tasking.

---
    galaxy tab tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    Windows phone 7 mango uses card view for multi tasking.

---
    galaxy tab tapatalk
    Looks familiar indeed! If I heard correctly, this is going to be more the Apple fast switching, or am I wrong?
    I have been never do this again. I think you need to do something more over here. How we can do that?Please tell me about this.
    Quote Originally Posted by threed61 View Post
    Looks familiar indeed! If I heard correctly, this is going to be more the Apple fast switching, or am I wrong?
    I believe your right, the cards aren't live but more so frozen, the card is just a photo of the app so you know which app is it. At least that's what I've heard.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adrianfern92 View Post
    I believe your right, the cards aren't live but more so frozen, the card is just a photo of the app so you know which app is it. At least that's what I've heard.
    You're correct. webOS is the only OS with "true" multitasking. The others save the stance of the program to the non-volatile memory. When you switch to the program again the content is copied from the flash to the RAM. This is the "smarter" way to do it as far as energy consumption is concerned. For the rest... not so much xD

€: Whopsi. I think QNX can do "true" multitasking as well. But let's forget about it ^^
    Pretty sure Android keeps programs open for real as well even though it doesn't have cards.

It's iOS and WP7 that do the savestate thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by FenrirWolf View Post
    Pretty sure Android keeps programs open for real as well even though it doesn't have cards.
    Programs can stay open for a while but Android will close apps behind your back to free up RAM.
    Quote Originally Posted by GodShapedHole View Post
    Programs can stay open for a while but Android will close apps behind your back to free up RAM.
    It's super annoying too, especially when that app is your Sense homescreen. Foremost reason I dumped Sense.