Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Big Boat buick
  1.    #1  
    Hi all! I just bought a second-hand Palm Pre Plus, and I am having trouble figuring out how to erase the previous owner's Palm profile off the phone and then creating a new one for myself.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I posted this question in the Palm Pre section, so mods, I apologize if I don't quite know where to post this question.

Thanks.
    If you want to retain installed applications don't do this. Let's know if you do want to retain them.

Run the Device Info app, scroll down to and tap [Reset Options], scroll down to and tap twice on [Full Erase] or [Secure Full Erase]. When the phone reboots go through the profile creation process to create a profile for yourself. (You will need to be online).
  3.    #3  
    Thanks Johncc, it did the trick!

really enjoying webos and my decision to take a chance on it!
    speedtouch and bevcraw like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Boat buick View Post
    Thanks Johncc, it did the trick!

really enjoying webos and my decision to take a chance on it!
    FYI: you can also hit the "thanks" or "like" button at the bottom of a post if you like the post or want to thank the member who posted.

Welcome to PreCentral and enjoy your new phone.
    Hi all, I have just bought a second hand palm pre 2 & it is asking me for an e-mail & password. This is the old owners of course who will not give me these details as I can see his credit card details on-line.

I also need to make sure the old customer cannot access the phone again.

Is there anyway of creating a new profile relevant to me for this phone I have search the web to no avail
  6. ght
    Global Posts
    891 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by New2this tech stuff View Post
    Hi all, I have just bought a second hand palm pre 2 & it is asking me for an e-mail & password. This is the old owners of course who will not give me these details as I can see his credit card details on-line.

I also need to make sure the old customer cannot access the phone again.

Is there anyway of creating a new profile relevant to me for this phone I have search the web to no avail
    If you are at the Profile login screen, you should see the option to create a new profile, in addition to the "sign in to existing profile" option. Once you sign in with a new profile, the old owner will not be able to sign into or remote wipe the phone again.