Like Tree7Likes
  • 6 Post By rmausser
  • 1 Post By Jason Robitaille
  1.    #1  
    So im sick of HP not implementing many HB features into WebOS, so I have decided to make a WebOS Ultimate Edition metadoctor. If anyone of you are familiar with the Ubuntu Ultimate Edition, it will basically preload patches and HB apps onto WebOS so it is maxed out with features.

This will first be for 2.1 but I will update accordingly as new versions come out.

The OS will load with Dev Mode enabled and Preware installed, as well as UberKernel for that device preinstalled.

Here are the patches I will include:

-All of Sconix Menu and System Patches
    -Add Audio to SMS
    -Advanced Camera Configuration
    -Advanced Options in Launcher
    -Advanced System Behaviour
    -Alarm Daily Options
    -Browser Beaviour and Options Tweaks
    -Browser Scrollbar
    -Change number of bookmarks to 99
    -Character Counter
    -Copy URL Clipboard
    -Device Profile Service Overide
    -Device Menu-Maxed-Out
    -Edit any Videos Metadata
    -Email Mega Mix
    -Email Read All Delete all
    -Enable Youtube Landscape
    -Faster Card Animation HYPER Version
    -Fix no Bookmarks Displayed Bug
    -Media Permission Bug fix
    -Google Sync Bhaviours patch
    -Email Hold Tap COntext Menu
    -Broswer Hold Tap Context Menu
    -Hyperlinks in Descripts
    -Increase Touch Sensitivity and Smoothness
    -Location Sharing in Messaging
    -Browser Multi Mod
    -Browser New Card Button
    -PDF Redux
    -UberCalendar
    -Personal Avatar Left Side
    -Prevent PDF removal
    -Save Attachments to Download folder
    -Send Memo to Text Message
    -Browser Sharing Super mix
    -Smooth Scrolling
    -Statusbar Weather Widget
    -unhide Dev mode icon
    -unset CFQ IO scheduler
    -Video Downloads
    -Unthrottle Download Manager

HB apps

-Tweaks
    -Show Properties
    -Govnah
    -Impostah
    -Save/Restore
    -Preset Reset
    -JSTop
    -Internalz Pro
    -Mode Swticher

I think that these are all the patches and HB apps that could benefit every advanced WebOS user aka: none of the patches take away features they only add them.

Is there anything I am missing or that I shouldnt put in? You will have to convince me pretty hard though, give me a good reason why there should be something added or missing, aka not just "because I dont want it"

Thanks guys.

PS: This will take a lot of work. Expect it to be done by the time a new version of WebOS is out and I have to start all over.
    Last edited by rmausser; 08/17/2011 at 09:47 PM.
    Sounds good, but keep in mind, you won't be able to release the actual metadoctor'd webOSDoctor file, as that'd be redistributing Palm's proprietary software illegally. There's a reason metadoctor and patches don't actually contain Palm-made software and simply modify existing software.
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    sledge007 likes this.
    I find this to be a cool idea on one hand but quite useless on the other - one of the most brilliant things about webOS is, in my opinion, the fact that you do not need stuff like this - pre-cooked ROMs you can install if you want to change the device's behavior. It's the beauty of webOS that you can simply change individual things by installing and uninstalling patches.

So while I applaud the idea and your effort, I must say that I think you're taking your effort into a somewhat wrong direction.

Would it be possible, for instance, to remove single individual patches from a device treated with this ROM without having to doctor again?
    Just a personal opinion...if this was an alternative option before I Meta Doctored to 2.1, I'd pass only because I like the ability to customize what I want and what I don't want myself. Homebrew has made it easy for me to customize my phone how I want it with patches. If I used this Meta Doctor, I dont think I could live with the hyper animations. lol. I like the idea though and if you can do it, thats cool.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    Sounds good, but keep in mind, you won't be able to release the actual metadoctor'd webOSDoctor file, as that'd be redistributing Palm's proprietary software illegally. There's a reason metadoctor and patches don't actually contain Palm-made software and simply modify existing software.
    Yep I am aware of that. It hopefully will just be a code in Metadoctor script that you add when metadoctoring for your device.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by GodShapedHole View Post
    I find this to be a cool idea on one hand but quite useless on the other - one of the most brilliant things about webOS is, in my opinion, the fact that you do not need stuff like this - pre-cooked ROMs you can install if you want to change the device's behavior. It's the beauty of webOS that you can simply change individual things by installing and uninstalling patches.

So while I applaud the idea and your effort, I must say that I think you're taking your effort into a somewhat wrong direction.

Would it be possible, for instance, to remove single individual patches from a device treated with this ROM without having to doctor again?
    I totally understand that.

As with the Ubuntu Ultimate Edition, you could just install Ubuntu and then all the different .deb files, but some people want just a simple way to install everything at once easily.

I dont think that this would be a replacement for Preware and the patches.

And, yes my plan is to have all of the patches and apps can be removed after the fact in Preware and will be updateable. They will show up in Preware and can be removed after the fact. That is the plan.

So say you didnt like an patch like Hypercards, (jsgraphicart) it could be removed.

Or other patches can be installed at a later date.

It in no way would "lock you in" per say.
    I say go for it, it would be a huge time saver when it came to getting a phone ready to go. I certainly wouldn't mind having it in my webOS software "toolbox".
    you should add unthrottle download manager in there
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by wesleymarin View Post
    you should add unthrottle download manager in there
    unthrottle download manager and minimal system logging have been determined to be the reason we keep losing our Indexes of our photos, music etc on WebOS 2.X

DO NOT USE THEM.
    Quote Originally Posted by rmausser View Post
    unthrottle download manager and minimal system logging have been determined to be the reason we keep losing our Indexes of our photos, music etc on WebOS 2.X

DO NOT USE THEM.
    Huh? Not 'unthrottle'. At least not in my case. Can you provide any links to where it was "determined"?
    Quote Originally Posted by rmausser View Post

DO NOT USE THEM.
    I too would like to see a link with proof of this.
    +1; never had problems with Unthrottle patch
  13.    #13  
    This is MY THREAD and MY META-DOCTOR and if I say throttle patch is out ITS OUT!!!! :P lol jk.

Ok Ive added it to the list.

Applogies if this takes me a while to procure. I am broke right now so I need to focus on other things.

Maybe a donation button will speed things along ....
  14.    #14  
    Due to the recent news, I will be waiting a bit before I go ahead with this.

Im going to see where WebOS goes and if it goes out the window completely I will just release the full WebOS Ultimate Doctor build rather than a metadoctor script.

that is if HP completely kills WebOS.

Maybe we can make one last super OS as a final goodbye.
    Last edited by rmausser; 08/18/2011 at 06:48 PM.