Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Hobbz
  • 1 Post By HelloNNNewman
    Global Posts
    279 Global Posts
    I noticed this change with the new OTA update we received.

With v3.0 - whenever emails were deleted, the TPad was quick to respond and never tried to display an email in the third pane on the right. It was easy to consecutively delete emails.

With v3.0.2 - whenever emails are deleted, the TPad automatically selects the message above the one deleted and attempts to display it in the third pane. The device hangs up for a few seconds until the next message has been displayed.

I wish HP would resume the previous behavior. There's times I need to delete several emails without reading anything and this behavior slows down the process. Especially if I get nailed by some Russian spammer (like last night). The new behavior also causes lag and the potential for the wrong message to be deleted.
    WoodWulf likes this.
    I noticed this too... but a great way (that I over-looked previously) to delete multiple emails is to select the little folder icon at the bottom of the middle pane and then tap on any emails you want to delete. Once they are selected, just hit the 'trash' icon at the bottom and delete them all at the same time.
    Rnp likes this.
    Global Posts
    279 Global Posts
    Oh dang.... great tip!

I'm ready for that Russian spammer now
    Hey guys, just got a Touchpad and it's my first experience with WebOS, so I'm still trying to figure things out.

Since this thread is about email behaviors, I'd rather not start a new thread

So I have multiple email accounts registered on the TouchPad. But for my school email account, I noticed it was only pulling email in the past 15 days or something like that. Is there away to change it to pull all the emails (or the last 100, last 200)?

*edit: nvm I figured it out. preferences in email, duh
    Last edited by ebolamonkey3; 08/07/2011 at 03:16 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hobbz View Post
    I noticed this change with the new OTA update we received.

With v3.0 - whenever emails were deleted, the TPad was quick to respond and never tried to display an email in the third pane on the right. It was easy to consecutively delete emails.
    I agree. I can't stand that it automatically opens the next e-mail now.