Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    Hello All,

I have a vzw pixi plus. My work email is setup as IMAP setting. Whenever I download my new emails on computer from the server my emails on pixi delete.
    Is there any way to keep the emails on my device with deleting or is there a way to save certain emails without deleting from device.

Also if there an way to set follow up on email or a reminder?

Please adv.

Thanks,
    John
    It sounds like you're removing the emails from the server when you download them to your computer. If they're not on the server then the pixi won't have access to them. What email client & protocol are you using on your pc? It sounds like you're using POP3 and need to enable the option to keep a copy of the email on the server.
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by peterlemonjello View Post
    It sounds like you're removing the emails from the server when you download them to your computer. If they're not on the server then the pixi won't have access to them. What email client & protocol are you using on your pc? It sounds like you're using POP3 and need to enable the option to keep a copy of the email on the server.
    Yes I am using POP3. If I keep a copy on my server wont it take up space on server.
    Is there a way to save emails on my Pixi?
    Yes, if you leave a copy on your server then it will take up space. I'm assuming you have very limited space with your email account. Have you thought about using a service like gmail to check your messages and keeping a copy there? This way the emails are removed from the original email server but still accessible by your pc and pixi?
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by peterlemonjello View Post
    Yes, if you leave a copy on your server then it will take up space. I'm assuming you have very limited space with your email account. Have you thought about using a service like gmail to check your messages and keeping a copy there? This way the emails are removed from the original email server but still accessible by your pc and pixi?

I do have a gmail account. How would I use Gmail to check my email from my work email account? What I could do I forward mails to my gmail to save them and I could still reply by changing reply from email. Is this what you meant?
    Yes, something like that.
    Global Posts
    279 Global Posts
    One thing you could do is convert the account on your laptop/PC to be IMAP as well. This way, you can keep that and your Pixi in synch with each other. It works out rather well.

If you're using Outlook, you'll have to delete the email account and recreate it.

If you have limited server space (or you just get that much email which fills up the space fast) and don't need all your emails on the phone, you can create a Personal Folder on Outlook to move the emails you want to keep for long term and they will be removed from the server.

If you keep your phone on IMAP and your computer on POP3, you probably noticed that when you delete emails on your phone, they still download on the computer. At least, that's how it worked for me when I first tried it. I hated having to delete things twice and went 100% with IMAP.