Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
  1.    #1  
    Okay so I just went through the 3.0SDK and somehow I made a variant in 320*480 resolution. I don't remember why I did this, but I did.

Anyways I found a ready-for-smartphones keyboard and a hilariously compacted launcher.

Let me show you what cynicism looks like.
    hagster, retroblu and xandros9 like this.
    Is that not just the tablet version scaled down to smartphone size?
    Touchscreens are a fad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Syndil View Post
    Is that not just the tablet version scaled down to smartphone size?
    It is but the virtual keyboard is specifically made for phones. In the SDK there are two folders for keyboard images, one for tablets and one for smartphones. This needs to be front paged.
    Wow. I can't believe I haven't searched for that. I assumed the leaked VK found a few months back was for phones. Nice find.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    All New Everything | webOS Enthusiast | Lakers | Manchester United | Cardinals | J. Cole | Wale - Athlete Mentality, Forget The Competition

Follow at @kingnoso11
  5.    #5  
    Oh, so this isn't common knowledge?

c:
    Nice find. Thanks for sharing.
    Global Posts
    397 Global Posts
    Wow nice find Angel!!
    Which folder is it in?
  9. R_E
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    is there any feasibility to porting the keyboard to webos 2.1, or is it too deeply ingrained in the system?
    Global Posts
    397 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by R_E View Post
    is there any feasibility to porting the keyboard to webos 2.1, or is it too deeply ingrained in the system?
    Doubt it'd be usable on anything smaller than a Pre 3...
    One of the early 3.0 builds had that resolution available for the emulator with that keyboard. It's pretty cool.
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakeeeee View Post
    One of the early 3.0 builds had that resolution available for the emulator with that keyboard. It's pretty cool.
    I thought that's what I had.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAngelOfElysium View Post
    I thought that's what I had.
    I just couldn't talk about it before the NDA was lifted.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
    No number row? lol. Virtual Keyboard fans dont get too excited. We all know how the 2.0 VKB turned out on our devices.
  15.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    Done.
    Quote Originally Posted by gollyzila View Post
    It is but the virtual keyboard is specifically made for phones. In the SDK there are two folders for keyboard images, one for tablets and one for smartphones. This needs to be front paged.
    in 2011, a vkb is front page news! aaaaah hp's tortoise pace is killing me! i gotta keep telling myself "marathon, not a sprint" lol

nice find OP
  17.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mhunterjr View Post
    in 2011, a vkb is front page news! aaaaah hp's tortoise pace is killing me! i gotta keep telling myself "marathon, not a sprint" lol

nice find OP
    Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    Can you rotate it? if so pics please... Lookin to see if they anticipated a "slab"...

We really have to change the reference to slab (sounds so not cool)... trying to think of things that are approx 5x3.5 and are used landscape...
  19.    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by amrcc View Post
    Can you rotate it? if so pics please... Lookin to see if they anticipated a "slab"...

We really have to change the reference to slab (sounds so not cool)... trying to think of things that are approx 5x3.5 and are used landscape...
    I'll give it a go.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast