Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes
    Global Posts
    130 Global Posts
    The most talented, skilled and creative programmers of the WebOS community have managed to install almost any linux app on Any WebOS device. with such brilliance in the works, why not make WebOS install on the Galaxy S2 and be done with HP monopolizing the WebOS on phones that don't come out to stores.
    Because HP owns webOS

My Pre Does EXACTLY What I Need It To Do, And Thats Why I Have A webOS Relationship.

Facebook: facebook.com/LordSecksie
    Twitter: @LordSecksie
    TextOne: LordSecksie
    Quote Originally Posted by alonhzn View Post
    The most talented, skilled and creative programmers of the WebOS community have managed to install almost any linux app on Any WebOS device. with such brilliance in the works, why not make WebOS install on the Galaxy S2 and be done with HP monopolizing the WebOS on phones that don't come out to stores.
    I would prefer more webOS installed on Galaxy S2 by Samsung.
    Why do we need Ferrari if we have hobbyist mechanics willing to build a stolen Ferrari engine into an Acura?

Because people still want a real Ferrari, even if it's too expensive and unreliable to boot. And because people don't like "There, I Fixed It" style kludge hackjobs.
    Quote Originally Posted by GodShapedHole View Post
    Why do we need Ferrari if we have hobbyist mechanics willing to build a stolen Ferrari engine into an Acura?

Because people still want a real Ferrari, even if it's too expensive and unreliable to boot. And because people don't like "There, I Fixed It" style kludge hackjobs.

Correct.
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    Only issue is comparing any pre hardware to a ferrari, perhaps a toyota with failing brakes Pre 2 seems ok build quality wise, certainly an improvement but nothing special.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatila View Post
    Only issue is comparing any pre hardware to a ferrari, perhaps a toyota with failing brakes Pre 2 seems ok build quality wise, certainly an improvement but nothing special.

Ferrari lasts less and needs more expensive maintenance than Toyota.
    This is like asking if an ocean cruiseline needs an engine, there are enough people to paddle.. webOS can go nowhere fast without funding and professional management.

For the car analogy, webOS is like a Porsche... beautiful, exciting, generous power, reliable (albeit maintenance heavy), and heartbreaking if you crash it.
    Does Coca-Cola really need water? Surely we can mix the water ourselves. Just send me the syrup!!
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

Quote Originally Posted by fxspec06 View Post
    Does Coca-Cola really need water? Surely we can mix the water ourselves. Just send me the syrup!!
    Only if you like flat Coke!
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey47 View Post
    Only if you like flat Coke!
    Right now, webos for phones is flat. It is the users who keep shaking the bottle and,while you get some fizz, in the end it is still flat.
    Quote Originally Posted by fxspec06 View Post
    This is how it was done in the old days.. Perhaps HP should just send the phone parts (unsoldered) include a soldering iron with some solder screws and a webos doctor.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    LordSecksie likes this.
    Because most people don't want to build a smartphone.

Quote Originally Posted by sketch42 View Post
    This is how it was done in the old days..
    actually i think that's still how they do it. I think most places like mcdonalds and cafeterias and restaurants, and stuff get carbonated water and a coke concentrate syrup. i think it's sort of like this http://www.nationwidecandy.com/itemd...&source=Google lol. so that may not be the best analogy but i get the point and agree.

The other thing is who is gonna service and warrant you're home built phone if something goes wrong?
    Last edited by SnotBoogie; 07/24/2011 at 01:23 AM.
    You come at the king. You best not miss.
    Quote Originally Posted by SnotBoogie View Post
    Because most people don't want to build a smartphone.
    Yes I know.. .. It was sarcasm.. Not my best.. Granted ..

I've lived most of my life without Harry Potter

All New Everything | webOS Enthusiast | Lakers | Manchester United | Cardinals | J. Cole | Wale - Athlete Mentality, Forget The Competition

Follow at @kingnoso11
    Global Posts
    679 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chalx View Post
    I would prefer more webOS installed on Galaxy S2 by Samsung.
    WebOS with touchwiz? No thanks.
    Pilot 5000 > Pre > Pre2 > Pre3 > Galaxy Nexus
    TouchPad > Galaxy Tab 8.9
    Ah, but we don't know whether any third-party manufacturers are even going to be allowed their own skins, or whether they'd need to add them; in the Android world, companies need UI skins to differentiate themselves from the other thousands of OEMs. If HP only licensed webOS to one or two OEMs that are able to differentiate in hardware, they wouldn't have to differentiate in software.
    Quote Originally Posted by RedMist View Post
    Yeah, than go and buy webOS phone from LG, HTC or HP You see, its nice to have options. Personally, I don't see nothing bad in touchwiz.
    Quote Originally Posted by RedMist View Post
    A licensed Webos would probably be closed, so there would be no Touchwiz. Think WP7.
    Quote Originally Posted by koolkid09 View Post
    A licensed Webos would probably be closed, so there would be no Touchwiz. Think WP7.
    closing webOS would be mistake. Think WP7 - same phone all over different manufacturers, I'll bet it's one of main reasons WP7 sales is disappointing manufacturers.
    Different launchers, widgets and dialers are beauty of Android, and with little effort anyone not liking it can revert to generic UX.

Level of personalization on Android is one of main pluses of Android.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast