Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree14Likes
    <<threads merged>>
    Quote Originally Posted by kjb86 View Post
    well its just mad old now. If they keep the 'pre3' they should just really upgrade it to the max then
    Yeah, adding more rams will help.

Oh well, so long ago, I had to recheck wiki for its spec.

---
    galaxy tab tapatalk
    I have a sprint pre and my upgrade is in september and I'm switching to android. Webos can't compete with android, I look through my app catalog, then look through my girls htc evo 4G catalog and I start to think to myself what the hell am I doing with a palm pre? These phones are not very durable unless you work in an office which I don't I work in the trades and I've gone through 3 of these pre's in a month, I've been a palm user for about a year and a half and all I can say is that android... Here I come
    Global Posts
    192 Global Posts
    Well after going through my 5th replacement Pre+ Verizon let me upgrade 10 months early. I thought of getting the Pre2, but I really didn't want to be stuck with Palm hardware for 2 more years after what I went through with my Plus. I originally went with the Thunderbolt, but the battery life was outrageous! I returned it and have been using the Droid X2 for about 3 weeks now and while I absolutely LOVE the hardware and the app support, im really underwhelmed with Android overall. webOS just does so many things better IMO its just sad they don't have the hardware and support to take advantage of that.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by LHKJohn; 07/24/2011 at 12:16 PM.
    Exhaust the body, Proceed the mind, Cultivate the spirit
    I agree with that statement lhkjohn, webos does operate very nicely and I love the way it multi tasks with cards, but sadly webos cannot compete with android, the apps out for web os are sad in comparison to android and I phone aps.. One more month and I'll be burying my pre in the backyard
    Global Posts
    192 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by InSaNeO14 View Post
    I agree with that statement lhkjohn, webos does operate very nicely and I love the way it multi tasks with cards, but sadly webos cannot compete with android, the apps out for web os are sad in comparison to android and I phone aps.. One more month and I'll be burying my pre in the backyard
    I will say though... while the amount of apps available on android are ridiculous, I feel like in the ones that they share: foursquare, forums (tapatalk), facebook, any twitter app, are more thoughtfully made and better on webOS. Also I totally miss synergy... Androids version of syncing accounts is pretty weak in comparison.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk
    Exhaust the body, Proceed the mind, Cultivate the spirit
    Great article! Thanks for sharing!

I was a little confused by his comment that it's more work to switch to different apps using gestures when compared to iOS or Android. I actually found the reverse to be true.

My husband has a Nexus S, and I was playing around with the apps he's downloaded. Two of his apps contain a compass (Swiss Army Knife and a TNG Tricorder), so I thought it would be fun to compare the readings between the two of them.

For both apps, I had to go back to the home screen, tap on the icon and navigate back to the compass within the app. It was really tedious and I kept thinking, "If this was in WebOS, all I'd have to do is swipe up and swipe between the two apps that are running."

My husband could tell I was frustruated, and while he acknowledges webOS is the superior mobile OS, he tried to convince me (more likely himself) that Android multitasks just as well by showing me he could pull up a compass while listening to a podcast.

Um...that's completely different than what I was trying to do. Anyway, I think gestures are way more elegant and intuitive when compared to button presses and navigation.

Karla
    Interesting, but I have a doubt: he wrote this article using the 1.4.5 version?

Wow! Imagine if he try a Pre 2 with webOS 2.1.0!!!

Best Regards...
    "If A Man Isn't Willing To Take Some Risk For His Opinions, Either His Opinions Are No Good Or He's No Good!" - Ezra Pound (Poet & Critic)
    (Happy A Lot, As A Good Carioca!)
    Quote Originally Posted by sapient2k7 View Post
    It just goes to show you can have a preference for one platform over another without being a flame-throwing, um, knucklehead about your opinions.

There is room fro everyone around here. Just need to keep it civil.
    "Sometimes I feel like an OS-less child..."
    (with apologies to Billie Holiday )
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12