Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By bluenote
  1.    #1  
    Reasons to shoot the calendar developer(s) first: Google sync issues, doesn't "crunch" the unused hours like the old version, does not have a calendar date selector for appointments/uses numeric scroll wheel instead, does not have features that existed over a decade ago in PalmOS v1.

Reasons to shoot the video/photo developer(s) first: No thumbnails for movies, no names for movies, weird names, inability to delete albums properly, double entrees for folders (from subfolders with same name?).
    KA1
    Visor Deluxe->Visor Prism/Digital Link->Treo 650->Treo 700p->Pre->GSM Unlocked Pre 2 (wifi only)->FrankenPre + Touchpad 32 ->+ Touchpad 4G ATT + ATT Pre3 + 64 White Touchpad... bliss.
    Steve Jobs! By making the 99 cent app standard, devs are discouraged from doing labor intensive apps because there's no return on their investment. Remember datebk and agendus? Great products like that aint cheap to build, but nobody wants to pay. To keep this non violent, i'd shoot him with a paintball.
    Definitely the Calendar devs! HP/Palm destroyed the intuitive PIM (Calendar, Memo, To-Do's) functionality of the original PalmOS. It's like they never even USED a legacy Palm device. And they're apparently working hard since WebOS 2.0 to make those features totally useless now.
    Global Posts
    679 Global Posts
    No thumbnails for movies, no names for movies.... Rushed!

Hopefully the mythical magical update will fix all known issues. I have faith!
    Pilot 5000 > Pre > Pre2 > Pre3 > Galaxy Nexus
    TouchPad > Galaxy Tab 8.9
    Quote Originally Posted by RedMist View Post
    No thumbnails for movies, no names for movies.... Rushed!

Hopefully the mythical magical update will fix all known issues. I have faith!
    yeah, but update is only 3.0.2 there is too much to squeeze in just two minors. It better be magical.
    I doubt you will get much from the software devs by creating threads saying you want to shoot them.
    Somehow doesn't strike me as the wisest approach. And you need someone to work on that calendar app for you because you can't do it yourself, right?
    threed61#WN and drimo like this.
    Video

It got to be the worst video player I have ever seen on any device.

---
    galaxy tab tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by bluenote View Post
    I doubt you will get much from the software devs by creating threads saying you want to shoot them.
    Somehow doesn't strike me as the wisest approach. And you need someone to work on that calendar app for you because you can't do it yourself, right?
    Is it at lest OK to shoot a guy who approved apps for release
    I don't want to shoot anyone, but I am bitterly disappointed by the PIM implementation on WebOS and it just seems to get worse with every release.

I don't care a lot about videos one way or the other, so I wish good things on those of you who do care.
    Think I'll throw a molotov in there and burn them all up. Then storm in with an M4 and make sure the Calendar, Messaging, Music app devs are down.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Their PIM suite is fine as an entry level product. It has all the basic functionality necessary to get the most simple tasks handled. I'm sure they're expecting the developers to produce more feature filled apps.
    Their PIM suite us far nferior to the PIM on the Treo. You can't search the calendar, you can't search contacts (which makes contacts nearly useless if you forget someone's name) and for smoe reason they have crippled the connection to google calendars to only look at 3 months. (okay, the Treo didn't work with google calendars at all, at least, not without synching through a computer.)

Sigh.
    Really... this thread is completely inappropriate for P|C. Even as a joke the site doesn't allow posting content like this. If you wish to discuss a topic - do so in a more constructive way please. Please refer to our Forum Guidelines for questions concerning the posting rules of the forums.

Thanks,
    P|C Staff
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 07/22/2011 at 01:23 PM.