Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree7Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    the veer didn't fail.
    I TOTALLY agree. The Veer is incredible. I loved it for a month... then took it back today. Why? Because I really wanted the Pre3, and it still isnīt available. I know itīs my fault for believing a rumor and jumping in early.
    I still hope to get the Veer for wife, Pre3 for me, and keep my Touchpad. But itīs contingent on all 3 pieces working. I switched carriers, now back on Sprint in a holding pattern waiting to see. Meantime, I have 2 weeks or so to see what TP update does before I have to decide to take it back.

I believe HP is going to make it all work... I just wish itīd happen soon enough for a lot of us on the fence to stick it out.
    Quote Originally Posted by chrislo View Post

Question is, do they have the resources? I agree they have resources with marketing etc. but how about building the OS?
    Resources will not be an issue for some time. Much bigger question is does HP have vision to go in right direction with webOS. With some things lacking in webOS from start, and with competition ripping good parts of it's features, HP will have troubles to keep webOS relevant.
    Quote Originally Posted by chalx View Post
    Resources will not be an issue for some time. Much bigger question is does HP have vision to go in right direction with webOS. With some things lacking in webOS from start, and with competition ripping good parts of it's features, HP will have troubles to keep webOS relevant.
    I'm not so sure about that. Not when Leo is talking about axing unprofitable ventures.
    the veer didn't fail.
    Define " fail".

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk
    Maybe the better question under the heading "webOS" is whether there is a webOS has a smartphone future in the USA. With only three and a half major carriers, and way too many smartphones looking for homes, the Pre3 and others may not land anywhere at all. Samsung is having trouble getting a launch date for it's much raved about GS II.
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    Define " fail".

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk
    fail (verb) = declaring a device unsuccessful without owning or carrying one, while surrounded by more than 450,000 members and webOS enthusiast.
    fail (verb) = declaring a device unsuccessful without owning or carrying one, while surrounded by more than 450,000 members and webOS enthusiast.
    you don't really need to own something to declare it fails in one way or another, I said mobileme failed long time ago, I never own it, doesn't mean there is no standard to assess success or not.

As Vyruz clearly stated, If Veer, as Rubinstein and co suggested, is to "create a trend", it obviously didn't reach that "goal". I know it was just marketing statements, but it does beg the question: does HPalm have a sound strategy and do proper market research before putting in effort and resources?

There are only limited chances for webOS to succeed, its important that HPalm makes right decision at crucial point.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyruz Reaper View Post
    I think Ruby thought the Veer would be revolutionary and people would jump all over it. As he stated, he wanted to start a trend and "veer" away from big phones.

It failed, didnt work and he got replaced by Dewitt.
    Quote Originally Posted by nappy View Post
    I'm not so sure about that. Not when Leo is talking about axing unprofitable ventures.
    webOS certainly has its budget for this year, and maybe its a good thing HP is in slight recession so no more stupid ventures like Veer production.

Titanic failed and I wasn't aboard.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12