Global Posts
    734 Global Posts
    Hi,

I just got my first WebOS device (Verizon Pre Plus on 2.1.0) and I've run into a problem. I downloaded the Facebook app, but I think I restarted the phone before it finished downloading/installing.

The app catalog says I've already downloaded it but when I press "tap to launch", nothing happens. Since it's not listed in the launcher, I can't uninstall. I've tried restarting, but no change.

Thanks in advance for the help!

-Mike
    Try using JustType to search for it. Just start typing the name of the app and see if it comes up. You can also try opening your Software Manager app and see if the Facebook app is listed in there. If it is, tap on it and choose 'Delete'. Restart your device (just to be sure) and then you should be able to download it fully again.
    Global Posts
    734 Global Posts
    Thanks for the response. It didn't show up in Just Type. I checked Software manager and it's not under "Apps". However, under "Other", there is a blank square where an icon would be and clicking on it shows no information other than "version 1.5.0", which is Facebook's current version number. I am not, however, able to delete it. I'm stuck Thanks again for the help!
    I'd say doctor it back to factory settings, and try again, this time without restarting the phone before it finishes installing an app.
    Touchscreens are a fad.
    if it shows in your software manager, you should be able to delete from there.

and be carefull about advice to 'doctor' unless you are the one that created the meta-doctor to 2.1

if that is how you got it, a standard doctor could produce unexpected results, including putting your phone back to version 1.4.5.1
    Ah, missed the part about 2.1.0. Don't know if he purchased it that way or did the conversion himself.
    Touchscreens are a fad.
    Global Posts
    734 Global Posts
    Yeah I doctored it myself, I'd just rather not have to do it again... While I'm no tech genious, I am relatively comfortable following instructions in a Linux Terminal, if there's some way to delete it that way.

But, if not, I can access Facebook in 7 other ways so I guess I'll just deal with it=/ Thanks again.

(Btw, under software manager, it doesn't really show up as an app...more like a phantom. No title and no options, just a blank entry with a version number and no way to delete.)