Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    Hello. I recently have upgraded my verizon pre plus from webos 1.4.5 to webos 2.1. Everything works fantastic except I cannot receive IMAP email from my school email account, which worked in webos 1.4.5. I have deleted and recreated the account several times to no avail. I think I have found the source of the problem but am not sure how to fix it. My account is weird in that my incoming mail username is different from the email address (ie my email is mossman[at]myschool.edu but username is jf3fs). I fill in all the required information and everything validates. However, if I go into the accounts app, go to change login settings, my username is filled in with my email address, not my actual username and it is unable to be changed, even though my username is correct if I look at it under the mail app. This causes me to get invalid username or password when signing in. Another strange part is I am able to send out outgoing emails using the same credentials for my outgoing settings. Does anyone have any ideas? I should also mention my google email works fine so I don't believe it's an issue with 2.1 running on a pre plus.
    - Go to Launcher - System - Backup

- Switch Off back up

- Do full system erase

- After re-boot log into your Palm profile again but do not set up the problem email account. Skip it.

- After everything is up and running go back to your email app and manually set up your IMAP account from scratch. You should now be able to enter all fields as required.

If you ever need to do a full erase or doctor your Pre never restore your IMAP account from the Palm profile back up. Always set it up again manually. Unfortunately this is a 2.1 bug which has still not been addressed.
    HS Visor + GSM Module -> Treo 180 -> 270 -> 270LE -> 600 -> 650 -> 680 -> Pre"-" -> Pre 2

TP & Pre 3-> still looking for them
    Try removing it from the Accounts app, and re-add it from the Email app using the "Email Account" account type. Make sure to use manual setup.
    Quote Originally Posted by greenoyster View Post
    Try removing it from the Accounts app, and re-add it from the Email app using the "Email Account" account type. Make sure to use manual setup.
    In my experience this option does not work on webOS 2. When you try to manually setup a previously deleted IMAP or EAS account it brings up the old/incorrect account's default field entries and these fields get grayed out so you cannot edit them.
    HS Visor + GSM Module -> Treo 180 -> 270 -> 270LE -> 600 -> 650 -> 680 -> Pre"-" -> Pre 2

Quote Originally Posted by treo_knight View Post
    In my experience this option does not work on webOS 2. When you try to manually setup a previously deleted IMAP or EAS account it brings up the old/incorrect account's default field entries and these fields get grayed out so you cannot edit them.
    If you remove it from the Email app, but the account is still being used by calendar/contacts/etc, then it keeps the settings when you try to re-add it. If you remove it from the Accounts app, it usually cleans it up completely.
    Quote Originally Posted by greenoyster View Post
    If you remove it from the Email app, but the account is still being used by calendar/contacts/etc, then it keeps the settings when you try to re-add it. If you remove it from the Accounts app, it usually cleans it up completely.
    Unfortunately this is not the case. Even if an IMAP and EAS account is deleted from the Accounts app the account settings are retained on the device. When you try to set up the account again you immediately have default settings appear as greyed out text which you cannot edit anymore. I have had a long discussion with Tech support related to this issue and they finally acknowledged it as a bug in webOS 2. You do not see this behaviour in 1.4

If you follow the procedure listed above of switching off back up then this buggy device cache or whatever it is gets cleaned out after a full erase otherwise the moment you log back into an old profile these buggy settings reappear when you try to set up the problem account again.