1.    #1  
    I had to replace my Pre+ and now my apps didn't transfer. I've done this before (third Pre) and had no issues. The only thing that has changed for me was the purchase of my TouchPad. My profile is synced to my TouchPad where all of my phone apps do exist.

When I logged into my Pre+ I did get a message that I haven't seen before telling me that I was already logged into another phone. Also, I had patched my old phone and added multiple launcher pages. The pages still show up (unnamed) but there are no apps on them other that the preinstalled apps that were on my original Pre.

Help please!!
    You are supposed to be able to manage your active profiles on the webOS website. However, a 1.4.x or 2.x profile is not supposed to be backwards compatible? Not sure and I'm not going to doctor my device to find out.
    From my experience, a 1.4x => 2.x profile works ok, but not the other way. Also, 1.4x <=> works ok, as does 2.x <=> 2.x.

Done it many times on four different devices (two Pre's, two Pre 2's)...

what was the message you received this time?
  4.    #4  
    I'm wondering if I need to Dr the phone. Doesn't make since to me that my apps wouldn't come back on a new phone.

I tried erasing and re-logging into my Palm/webOS profile but that didn't change anything.
    Did you try HP support yet?
    Does the HP website show your profile and if so is it showing the old device still?
    Do you still have your old phone? Are you sure that you are not logged in on it still?
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Prdamrican View Post
    From my experience, a 1.4x => 2.x profile works ok, but not the other way. Also, 1.4x <=> works ok, as does 2.x <=> 2.x.

Done it many times on four different devices (two Pre's, two Pre 2's)...

what was the message you received this time?
    The message said simply that I was still logged into another phone and to be sure to back everything up before logging in. My old Pre+ is dead and gone so there is no way to back anything up that wasn't already backed.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Unclevanya View Post
    Did you try HP support yet?
    Does the HP website show your profile and if so is it showing the old device still?
    I haven't tried HP support yet.

The website shows both my new phone (checked SN) and the TouchPad.
    I have the same problem that started when my battery went dead on my Palm Pre+. When it powered up again it said I was still logged in on another phone and asked me to erase all my data or restart. I restarted and logged into my Palm account and my phone rebooted but my Palm Pre is now absent all my apps, text messages, etc. I had backed up my phone the day before. I recently bought a Touchpad and all my data (including apps is on it). Is there anyone out there who can help?
    you have to log in to the same profile. When it tells you that profile is already in use, take the choice that says use it on the new phone anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    you have to log in to the same profile. When it tells you that profile is already in use, take the choice that says use it on the new phone anyway.
    I did that but the apps are all gone along with all text messages and call history.
    Quote Originally Posted by annkan View Post
    I did that but the apps are all gone along with all text messages and call history.
    Those are not backed up, unfortunately.