Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By 6tr6tr
  • 2 Post By bulls96
  1.    #1  
    Pandora's changing to HTML5! So you should be able to get full Pandora in the WebOS browser!
    Pandora Radio - Say Hello to the New Pandora It'll look great on a TouchPad!
    Psychonaut likes this.
    Global Posts
    565 Global Posts
    Cool!
    I thought you were talking about rhe app. I still would prefer a separate app with notification controls etc. Any word on the app?
    IcerC and VCI_Cell like this.
    Anyone on turntable.fm? That's HTML5, does it work on the touchpad? It doesn't work on my android phone all the way... loads but doesn't play music.

Selling my Palm things: just make an offer: http://forums.webosnation.com/market...nd-offers.html
    Global Posts
    398 Global Posts
    I saw that headline last night and logged on through the web browser on the TouchPad and voila - music was playing!
    Does this mean we get the added feature of more commercials?
    Global Posts
    952 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilKell View Post
    Does this mean we get the added feature of more commercials?
    Maybe I shouldn't say anything...

I am switching from Slacker to Pandora. The Slacker app has been giving me fits lately, and they never enabled BT controls, haven't added caching, can't use the on-demand service, and now the webpage is unusable. So far, Pandora is working great for me. And on my Pre, no commercials (I have not taken the step of paying for Pandora yet, probably next week), and listening on my Pre doesn't seem to count against my free listening hours. It does track the number of skips, but that is something I can deal with.
    Quote Originally Posted by bulls96 View Post
    I thought you were talking about rhe app. I still would prefer a separate app with notification controls etc. Any word on the app?
    Doesn't the Pandora app already have dashboard controls though?

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Pandora has worked in the browser since day 1. Newsflash: Touchpad has flash.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by kill_Dano View Post
    Pandora has worked in the browser since day 1. Newsflash: Touchpad has flash.
    Sure but Flash is a bit laggy and very battery-intensive. Doing it through HTML5 will be much snappier on the TouchPad (and of course it'll then work on all WebOS devices too)
    I'm a Pandora one subscriber, so I got the option to test out the new site. It works great on my desktop computer, but when I try to go to the html5 version on my touchpad, it just reloads the page and starts up flash again. Not happy with this, the new Pandora site is really great and the flash on the regular site is pretty laggy.
    Guessing is still won't have notification controls like on the pre

Selling my Palm things: just make an offer: http://forums.webosnation.com/market...nd-offers.html
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    I have used Pandora on the Touchpad, and this is where the enigma of 'yes it does have Flash, but not it doesn't work very well' comes back. I'm sorry to say this but for a lot of sites on the web, in order for you to get the most out of it, you need to have an app that works well with touch-based inputs. Pandora on the Touchpad is just...less than average. The Flash is there, yes, but how pleasant is your experience? Even to scroll through my channels, I have to peck at the scrollbar, I cannot for the life of me easily grab the slider and move it up or down. It's the same thing with Youtube, it's just not that cool to do that on a tablet, even though yes, it is possible.

I am on the fence about my Touchpad, but if I keep having these doubts about whether or not I feel like I am getting the most out of it, I am going to return it.
    Quote Originally Posted by joen05 View Post
    I'm a Pandora one subscriber, so I got the option to test out the new site. It works great on my desktop computer, but when I try to go to the html5 version on my touchpad, it just reloads the page and starts up flash again. Not happy with this, the new Pandora site is really great and the flash on the regular site is pretty laggy.
    I take this back. After a few loads, it turns out it was a zooming issue, and I got the html version to work properly, and its great. Its almost as good as having a full touchpad specific app, and I'm very happy with it!