1.    #1  
    Has anyone encounter something like this? Around lunch today, my phone was getting really hot from constantly going in and out between 1x/EVDO and it crashed. I rebooted the phone, and it crashed two more times. So, I took the battery out and let it cool down for a bit and then restarted the phone.

When I restarted the phone, all my apps, both bought and preware apps, were gone. The patches were still there.

However, the strangest thing is that everything, and I mean EVERYTHING, in the USB partition has been wiped out. I just plugged the phone in and am looking at the USB partition, and all my pictures and music and ringtones are all gone.

I'm at a loss for words right now Not even sure where to begin.

Help?
  2.    #2  
    Update: I was able to recover most of the data from the USB partition by using a data-recovery program.

However, I still can't figure out what happened to all my apps though. Even after doctoring it AND doing an Erase-Apps-and-Data reset, I am still missing all my apps.

Any help? Anyone?
    sounds like a file got corrupted by an ungraceful shut down or something.
  4.    #4  
    That's probably what happened with respect to the USB portion when it crashed. Luckily I've been able to recover most of that data.

Any ideas on what's going on with the apps situation, though?